How much does an electric guitar cost in India??

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by utkarshprabhat, Nov 6, 2007.

1. utkarshprabhat

utkarshprabhat New Member

hey guys can you people just tell me how much does an electric guitar cost??
    i wanted to know the range..........i have to buy one........not an expensive one .....around Rs 5000...........

2. satan_4_infinit

satan_4_infinit New Member

u ca try givson ..they got great versions of electric guitar under 5k's....
    if u r have a hunch of high quality output n looks(sumthin that u c on tv) then u should try for a second hand guitar....

3. utkarshprabhat

utkarshprabhat New Member

thanks for the advice..........but........can you suggest a place where i can get humbuckers????

4. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Ermm, you don't get good guitars for Rs5000. You need to make an investment of Rs9000 at least to get something just about decent.

Givson Grason Jobson Gobson Goblin etc are locally made and unfortunately at this point of time that means lot of corners are cut during the manufacturing process giving you an end product that's below average.

5. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

I have a Java stratocaster styled guitar(made in korea) which i want to sell.Dirt cheap -4K..I bought it like 3 years back. Where do you stay?

6. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

u get it for like 6K. 3 yrs old? Taking ppl for a ride?

7. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

^^ i agree

DO NOT BUY GIVSON ELECTRICS.

Javas are ok, Gb&As, with smooth maple necks sound better than the cheap ibanezs at times,

save up some more atleast up to 8-9k nd buy something, an amplifier is equally important , if u want the best out of ur guitar, in which case , i'd suggest a marshall MG10CDR 15 watt/Laney LX20R i got the mg for 4700, the latter comes for around that much too
    in case u would prefer a 10 watt one, u should go in for the Laney LX12
    which comes for around 3500/- , the marshall mg10cd doesn't have EQ controls, strangers are ok, but try to stick to laneys or marshalls.

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hmmmm, so guitars are like cars ...
    And taht within 3 years thye undergo so much wear and tear and corrosion that you cannot get optimum performance, and you might have to chuck it off within 1-2 years.

*Rolls eyes*

9. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

No, the point being, why would u buy a guitar that was crappy to begin with, 3 yrs old?