How much did you spend on your gear?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by lord_neo, May 12, 2005.

1. ~<metal_head>~

~<metal_head>~ New Member

Well...
    My first acoustic.... GiVson - 1700
    My first elec.... Washburn N2 (Nuno Bettencourt Sign.) - 16000
    Marshall MG 30DFX - 12000
    Kramer Vanguard - 30000
    Boss GT5 - 28000
    Ovation Applause - 14000
    Strings, Cables, Plectrums.... Dunno....
    So thats abt 1,01,700
    OMG...!!!!! I have ruined my dad..!

2. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Electro Harmonix made great pedal till they went bankrupt in the early 80s. Then the newly formed E~h makes a cheaper version of the old classics. Mostly the same circuit but made with cheaper components. Try to get your hands on an original. It's really awesome. Analogman's chorus is too expensive but worth it if you are major chorus user. Another terrific chorus is AMTs Tube Hall. It's a Reverb, Delay and Chlorus combo made from 12AX7 tube. It's sizzling and phenomenal but cost $250 and not easily available as of now.

3. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

ronnieanand: since ud spent so much on pedals and stuff - y didnt u jsut get urself a really nice guitar.... like a gibsonlp or soemthing or maybve a fender...???

4. ronnieanand

Hey Death,
    Bang me for not doing that. I went in search for an ideal distortion sound and in that process accumulated a lot of stuffs. I have kept a goal for me. If I improve drastically in the next few months I am getting myself a Gibson SG or Schecter C1 Classic. It's a real deal for me if I can drive myself to improving a lot.
    I was about to pick a Fender. But then this guy Jayanth told me that Tulasi guitars are excellent guitars. I believed and ditched the fender to get myself a Tulasi. Now I regret that decision. Not saying Tulasi is bad but Fender could have been much better. I was getting a raw deal of a Fender HM Strat with 24 Frets and Kahler double locking tremelo for 12K. The guitar was in mint condition. I literally screwed up the deal. I still feel pissed if I think about having lost that Fender.

5. axeman1986

axeman1986 New Member

hi ronnie
    still havent managed to find a good chorus pedal.
    going to india this summer and im buying a friends fender bassman head + marshall 2x12 cab and his keeley modded ds1
    the big muff took a while to get a good tone out of but after a week or so i really got some mean tone.
    about EH pedals, frankly i still think they;re world class
    i had the big muff until a few days ago, i offed it on gumtree and went to this sound control place and got a double muff. now the double muff doesnt have the tone and sustain knobs
    but it has two different muff sounds, i'll be controlling tone with my normal ds1 and guitar tone knobs. and hopefully the ds1 ultra will add a bit of waht i might want eventually.
    will post a clip once once i get to bombay to let you know waht it sounds like.
    how much do chorus and delay pedals cost in india if you can shed some light on that?
    also a friend of mine is selling a tu12 tuner, virtually new. he didnt say how much though. how much were you looking to spend on one?
    you ever tried a boss rv3?
    let me know
    ciao

6. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

i have probably spent arnd 30,000 on my "gear". but still nowhere!

7. ronnieanand

Hi Axeman,
    I have listed few of the best chorus pedals available in the Market. Check my previous posting. I am sure something will impress you. In India you dont get Chorus pedals except the Boss CE3 or something like that. I personally dont like Boss effects. If you are a Boss fan, you can buy this chorus, otherwise pick something from the US or wherever you are. Only Boss Delay pedals are available here. I have seen DD3 and DD6 available. Mine is a Rocktron Short Timer delay and I am extremely happy with it. If I wanted something more in a delay pedal, I'd want a expression pedal attached to the delay pedal to vary the delay time. Most of times I use a pretty long delay. While playing Rhythm and also for some short quick runs, long delays are not good, so it'd be just nice to vary the delay time with the expression pedal. George Dennis has such pedals. Rocktron Short Timer Delay creates a terrific reverb like feeling. I am a big fan of large sounding reverb. So Rocktron works best for me better than Boss Delays. In addition of Boss Chorus and Delay, you get only Stranger and Kustom effect pedals offering delay and chorus. Please ignore and dont even try them. I once tested a stranger delay. Man, it started harmonizing. The delayed signal has changed the pitch which resulted in a harmony. I kept playing to see that if I can get that harmony at various settings. Then I figured out that there are only 1 or 2 spots where I got it. Infact that harmonizer came only with that particular pedal. maybe it was defective. For a second I even thought of picking it up because I was almost getting a harmonizer for Rs.700. As delay pedal it's screwed up.
    I also checked out a Kustom Metal Distortion. It shines and really lives up to it's name. Take any rusted metal, now take a rusted blade and keep scratching the rusted metal with your blade. That describes the Kustom Metal Distortion.
    I wanted to buy the TU12 and nobody responded to my queries, so yesterday I went ahead and ordered a Fender PT100 pedal tuner. I will be receiving it in July.

8. axeman1986

axeman1986 New Member

hi again.
    thanks for all the info man. i have an rp200a lying around. i guess i could use the delay in that with the expression pedal (i favour that too), till i get a better delay pedal.
    thanks again for the info.

9. axeman1986

axeman1986 New Member

like i said, i already have the boss chorus ensemble 3.
    if you know anyone selling a neat chorus pedal, do let me know since i will be in india next month for a couple of months.

10. ronnieanand

Hi,
    I have a brand new in the box Rocktron Tsunami chorus with me with all Manual and Warranty. I had asked two different guys to pick up the chorus for me and both of them had bought it. So I am left with two Rocktron Tsunami Chorus and one Maxon CS9 Pro Chorus. The Tsunami was supposed to be picked up by one of my friends who apparanetly disappeared. You could pick it up if you want to. Let me know asap becasue there are a few guys who have responded to my earlier ad regarding this.

11. axeman1986

axeman1986 New Member

Hi ronnie.
    Just picked up a boss ch 1 from sound control this afternoon.
    got quite a deal. just about the same price in dollars. will be posting pics of my setup in a few days. also, i played the rocktron tsunami chorus at music ground. its just as good as the ch1 but quite bulky really.
    take care

12. somendra_guitar

somendra_guitar New Member

Now ill have to say this!!!

:eek:fftopic:

now to the topic
    well i spent
    Rs.2800 on my givson acoustic
    Rs. 50 on my strap
    Rs. 100 on strings
    Rs. 25 on picks
    +250 on repairs!!

13. deathdr_87

wat repairs did u have to do?

14. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

Here's my list:
    Guitar: Givson Blue Diamond - 3600
    Processor: Zoom 505II - 4500
    Amp: Stranger Cube 20 30w - 2500
    Strings: Rotosound Roto Pinks - 300
    Picks: 100 (total till now)
    Cords: 200
    Total Rs. 11200

15. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

just imagine a normal guy visiting this forum and checking the whole lotta sh!t we(i am gonna be there...) have spend wat will he think??

these guys need a doctor....:p:

@ronnie....:nw: again....

16. deathdr_87

@addy - i thoguh a stranger 20 is a 20watt.. i own a stranger cube 40 - im guessing tis 40 watt output... mgiht be wrong

17. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

I thought the same way too

18. ronnieanand

Hey Death and Chintan,
    Stranger 20 Cube actually means 20W only. Stranger 40 cube is also 40W only.

19. ronnieanand

Yesterday I upgraded by GB&a Super Fake Strat with a nice Bill Lawrence 500XL on the Bridge. Did a lousy job of filing the scratch plate to fit the pick up. Also did a lousy job of not drilling the hole properly. At last the pick up was mounted okay. It's a high output pickup. A compressed sound with a lot of sustain. Just not my kind by I am impressed with the clarity it has. It's very nice to play some solid metal riffs and also to play solos. The solos really cut through with immense clarity. Especially for tapping and legatos it really shines. Though not my kind of sound, I am kinda happy with what it had to offer. Luckily there was a guy in Bangalore selling Bill Lawrence pickups and I could get a good deal from him. Got it clean at the US price of $65 only.
    I have asked him to get me a single coil too for the nick after which I will dummy the middle and have a bridge and neck pickup configuration in my GB&a. The guitar is getting better now. I guess it will be good enough till I buy myself a Gibson SG or a Schecter C1 Classic.
    I am getting my DiMarzio Norton next week which I will fit it on my Tulasi Les Paul Super Fake.

20. rammy

rammy Guitar=Dope ; Me=Addict

My gear
    Guitars : washburn D10 ceq acoustic = 14000
    Yamaha C-40 classical guitar = some 7000-7.5k (cant remeber)
    Givson venus rose acoustic = 3000
    hard case for washburn = 3500
    hard case for yamaha/givson= 600
    picks - jim dunlop nylon .60mm =lost many but must be around 20-25 at 25/30 each
    Amp : i use my 7000w pmpo Sony rv8 hifi costed me some 32000 2.5 yrs back
    cables : 200
    strings : peavy and d'addrio at 350 each set total 4 sets till date

Total it yourself please

i am dead if my dad ever visits this thread

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------------Rock on------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------