How many of you can play "Layla" on you guitar?

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by komal29, Nov 7, 2011.

?

How many of you can play Layla on your guitar-acoustic/electric

1. never thought or tried! what song is this Layla?

20.0%
  2. know all -tabs chords and even sing along

60.0%
  3. know tabs

20.0%
  4. know chords

20.0%
  5. can sing layla for someone playing ..dats all

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Why comment on what I comment on?

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

One of the favorite song from Clapton's influence - Sunshine of love. Toad, Badge, perhaps Strange Brew. White room?
    I don't know but I find Cream's music simple and better.

3. komal29

komal29 New Member

well..though i am not the type to comment![ahem!]...i found your comment on'clapton is god' commentable..actually that 'comment' was a comment on something you commented about one of my comment! scroll up n see.. so i made use of my freedom to express..coz everybody are commenting for each others comments over this forum irrespective of who they are!..thats all..next time will take care not to comment on bjr's comments..:)..;)

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

and I used my freedom to comment to comment on Eric Clapton and his fans, irrespective of who they are. Why would you question my right or to comment on what I want to comment on?

and feel free to comment or not to comment on what I say. If you do, I will try to respond. If not, the sun will still rise everyday.

5. komal29

komal29 New Member

these were your first two comments in the thread..though i dint start the thread expecting Mr.bjr to reply me..

"Which one do you think is his best? Personally, I'm not a huge Clapton fan (a fan but not in the "Clapton is God" vein). I love some of his songs and Layla would be right up there for me...but maybe the Duane Allman solo has a lot to do with it? "

"and yeah, I can play Layla but I can only sing the blues version and that too not very well. And I agree, I've never really found a good tab for the song but then again, I never really tried very hard to. "

for which these were was my replies

":)..thanks..i got one in count "

"i dint even say he is god!..everybody like different music so one musician cant be claimed the best..i got that much CS! "

then this was your reply

"I wasn't talking about you saying he was. This is a rather famous story about when he was playing with John Mayall in Bluesbreakers. Someone graffiti-ed "Clapton is God" on a wall in London which became rather popular. A sort of a shrine even for his fans. The photo was rather famously captured in this way below:

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_cnZWKMv_nZ...ton-is-god.jpg "

for which this was my reply

"ok..ok..
    there are peopl who love his music than any others..for them he is god..y comment about their love
    those who like rap consider tupac as god!..i mean when i listen to it i dont even get his music..y..coz its not what my preferance is!..same is the case with that metal music..

if u asked me,i wud consider kishorekumar/burman or even for that matter rafi saab or for that matter some of the kannada singers/composers as god..coz their songs appeal to me much more than any english genre coz i grew up listening to them and started to listen english music way later in my teens[i couldnt understand even a single word that time..he he he]..i think thats the case with almost all non native english speakers..
    its all about preferances..so i dont wanna pretend that i was born hearing english music and is immersed in it all the time n know all the genres or compare the artists..
    enjoy good music whatever genre/artist/language is the mantra..as simple as that "

you reply

"Why comment on what I comment on? "

my reply
    "well..though i am not the type to comment![ahem!]...i found your comment on'clapton is god' commentable..actually that 'comment' was a comment on something you commented about one of my comment! scroll up n see.. so i made use of my freedom to express..coz everybody are commenting for each others comments over this forum irrespective of who they are!..thats all..next time will take care not to comment on bjr's comments.... "

your reply
    "and I used my freedom to comment to comment on Eric Clapton and his fans, irrespective of who they are. Why would you question my right or to comment on what I want to comment on?

and feel free to comment or not to comment on what I say. If you do, I will try to respond. If not, the sun will still rise everyday. "

my reply

"
    this is the last comment to you sir,irrespective of whatever 'comment' thing coming next..lemme clear am a huge enrique iglesius fan..he he he..for me his is enough in terms of whatever little/more talent --<3--<3-->..his music strikes the right chords in this 'gals heart'
    let all read the comments and decide who is trying to take offense and things so personally!..i regret the second comment after saying thanks..guess thats where matters took turn..had i agreed n said..yeah! clapton is not god..you are right bjr..then i wudnt have got other replies..:)..nobody is questioning nobody..everybody sharing pov's,views n opinions i guess..:)..anyways sorry..i dont feel ashamed saying that word even though i havent done anything wrong :(
    anyways dude..look look..the sun is still setting n rising..plus i dint invite anybody to comment in the thread or post replies to mine[ irrespective of freedom of expression n this being an open platform]..those who feel at loggerheads with each other need not confront at all..right? this is not some wwe match to prove who is strongest..trust me i dont want komal29><bjr! ;)
    lord buddha has said..those gifts of insults/humiliation/offense that others give to you need not be accepted..in that case it goes back to them..well...[am not humiliating/offending/insulting anyone here,so no need of giving it back to me..] :)..namaskar
    [p.s-alpha1..i can deal with your meanness..its disarmingly interesting for a stranger gal like me :)..still am not ruling out komal29><alpha1 too..];)

6. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

shot down by a troll...this is a new low.

7. romi1212

romi1212 New Member

eric clapton's best are LAyla , Wonderfull Tonight , cocaine, His Leading skills with Beatles on while my guitar gently weeps

Eric is a guitar God

8. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

To me, Eric Clapton's story has always seemed a little sad. It's the sort of story you'd expect to see in a movie and you'd hope that it has a happy ending at the end of it all....falling in love with his friend's wife, getting married, later divorced, losing a child to a sad accident. Musically, I wouldn't know his insecurities but here is Pete Townshend's take on what plagued Clapton (written during his tribute to Hendrix in Rolling Stone:

I think the whole bunch of them who played in the same era (often together) had a huge influence on the music I listen to, the way I play and what I want to be. I wouldn't call any of them Gods but that doesn't diminish my respect for any of them. If I were to pick one of them to be like, it would, without a doubt, be Jimi Hendrix.

9. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

hey komal m srry...and hey i voted for 'yes i can play as well as sing layla

10. komal29

komal29 New Member

hey..y r u asking so many sorry buddy..its ok..leave it[though i dunno y u r asking it] :)..well thanks for voting..now the thread has some value as its fulfilling its purpose

11. komal29

komal29 New Member

@romi1212 ..did u vote? hey..if u know it y dont u make a video tutorial in your youtube channel for learners like me?..i wud be glad :)

12. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

:grin: :grin: :grin: gotta love it when that happens!

13. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

haha and for once, I really am at a loss for words...I do not like this feeling much.

14. Morbid_Angel

at least posts here are stimulating SOME feelings now ;)

15. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

are you talking about some stimulation in your "loins"?

16. Morbid_Angel

of course, what else would i be referring to?

17. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

haha true, though regrettably, exasperation isn't really a deep emotion.

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Could've been This :
    | ||
    VVV

19. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I thought it was refering to my rather cold demeanour on the internet...and being sarcastic to yours. The guy's got a bit of a sense of humour these days...some of us would call it cheek.

Morbid_Angel likes this.
  20. Morbid_Angel

a bit? we need to re-introduce ourselves here! :cool: