How many hours a day do you sleep?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Super-Admin, Jul 14, 2007.

1. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

Send him a private msg

2. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

7 hrs....................

3. i'm_not_neo

i'm_not_neo el valor máximo absoluto

Are you sure you're not a victim of sleep deprivation and hence imagining people???
    :dance: Anyways....

I sleep for 6 hours everyday except Sunday (9 hrs)

4. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Depending on how one defines sleep, there are several persons who can claim the record for having gone the longest without sleep. Aside from mere curiosity, these records are unlikely to prove important to various sleep theories. Though two or three people have been reported not to need sleep, it has been tested and confirmed in sleep labs that sleep is essential for one to function properly. Genetic disorders and mutations, of course, can play a role in downplaying the importance of sleep.

1. Thai Ngoc, born 1942, has been awake for 33 years or 11,700 nights, according to Vietnamese news organization Thanh Nien. [7] At the time of the report, Ngoc suffered from no apparent ill effect (other than the fact that he cannot sleep). He was mentally sound and was able to carry 100kg of pig feed down a 4km road. It was said that Ngoc acquired the ability to go without sleep after a bout of fever in 1973. In April, 2007, however, Ngoc reported that he was beginning to feel grumpy due to the lack of sleep.[8]

2. Randy Gardner holds the Guiness World Record for intentionally having gone the longest without sleep. In 1965, Gardner, then 18, stayed awake for 264 hours (about 11 days) for a high school science project. [9] He experienced significant deficits in concentration, motivation, perception and other higher mental processes during his sleep deprivation. However, he recovered normal cognitive functions after a few nights' sleep.

On May 25th, 2007 the BBC reported that Tony Wright beat the Guinness World Record by staying awake for 11 days and nights. [10] The Guinness Book of Records has, however, withdrawn its backing of a sleep deprivation class because of the associated health risks.

3. People born with the rare genetic disorder Morvan’s fibrillary chorea or Morvan's syndrome can go without sleep for several months at a time. Michel Jouvet and his colleagues in Lyon, France, studied a 27-year-old man and found he had virtually no sleep over a period of several months. During that time he did not feel sleepy or tired and did not show any disorders of mood, memory, or anxiety. Nevertheless, nearly every night between 9:00 and 11:00 p.m., he experienced a 20 to 60-minute period of auditory, visual, olfactory, and somesthetic (sense of touch) hallucinations, as well as pain and vasoconstriction in his fingers and toes.[9] In recent investigations, Morvan's syndrome has been attributed to serum antibodies directed against specific potassium (K+) channels in cell and nerve membranes.

Source:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep

5. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

This thread was gay up until saurabhrocks got pwned

6. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

So that you can be proud if no one does?

Just a question.

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Whats there to feel proud of? :-s

But sleeping less is fine, some ppl feel proud for that fact that they can live the whole day with just one - two glasses of water, not knowing what a dmange they are causeing their kidneys.
    :eek:

8. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Health risks, meh.

You will never really know what caused your ill health. So many smokers live without lung cancer, and die of other causes. Same with sleep and water. Too many parameters, no way to have a control subject.

I find that if I sleep for around 8 hours, I wake up with more energy than if I sleep less/more. (N.B:It doesn't mean I sleep 8 hours each night)

9. ~Bish

~Bish The Illusionist

wow!! nice thread here..

sleeping is an integral part of my life becoz i sleep 12-13 hrs in a weekday and 15-16 hrs in a weekend.. if for some reasons i get less sleep i become a zombie..

10. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

how come he hasnt yet come on STAR NEWS or AAJ TAK :shock: .....sansaniiiiiiiiiiii.....and perfectly ok .....hmmmm......

11. That liar.

12. i'm_not_neo

i'm_not_neo el valor máximo absoluto

^^^hahaha...saurabhrocks got really pwned for that...

13. benz

benz classical demon

actually i never sleep more than 7 hours a day

00 00
    00 00 00
    00 00 00 00 00
    00 00 00 00 00
    00 00 00 00 00
    0 00 __ 00 00
    00 __ 00

14. benz

benz classical demon

actually i never sleep more than 7 hours a day

15. saurabhrocks

saurabhrocks New Member

there are people who just can't go to sleep ,its a disease . nothing to be covered by aaj tak or something. there are many people around with this disorder.
    although my friend hasn't taken any medical remedy yet. but i think his father is taking him to a doctor soon.
    he is the son of a very prominent buisnessman ,goes to college in the morn. and drives around the town all night ,just don't know how he can manage without sleep.

16. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

yeah, we all know that people experience lack of sleep. The question is, is he perfectly alright? No problems at all, not even little ones, coz of lack of sleep?

17. saurabhrocks

saurabhrocks New Member

well as far as i know, he does not have any noticeable problems.
    well yes he gets angry quickly.often picking up fights.and sometimes his eyes go extermly red.
    and that's all not bad for a 24 hr day u get in return compared to our 16 or 18 hr day

18. nazr

nazr angel is my genital..

^Would you rather be in his shoes?

19. saurabhrocks

saurabhrocks New Member

well yes, imagine getting 7-8 hours extras,
    doing whatewa u wanna do

20. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

You don't like sleep???

I love teh sleeps.