How many here use bitorrent to download?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Aug 17, 2006.

1. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

:RollLol:

It's a network dear. Like u download from HTTP or FTPnetwork....
    Unlike HTTP or FTP, where u dl it from a server, here, u dl those files from other users who is download it or sharing it. Those who share, called Seeders, they are the backbones. Here, you dl, small pieces from the users and those pieces glues up again after dl to make the original file.

The most impoprtant thing about bitorrent network is, because u don't download it from a partiicular server, so the Max speed of downloading can be very very high.

2. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

the bittorrent community thrives on people seeding what they've downloaded, so its no point if you put your upload speed to zero. you're being extremely selfish, and getting things without contributing anything yourself.

3. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

use mirc man ..... thts the best ....
    undernet network .. or efnet ... install mirc and then autoget by moni scripts its better than kaazza ... or any p2p ... and works in office too ...
    i downloaded full discography by over 150 bands here in office using it ... around 350 GB .......

4. ^^ how much time did it take you?

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

You mean you haven't been thrown out of HP yet?
    :shock:

6. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

:shock::shock:..man I gotta start using this..

7. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

I get around 1 MB per sec ... pretty good .. or awesome by indian standards ... I've been downloadig for a few months ... And the downloads wont be running 24/7
    Luckyly not ... I am still doing it .. and another collegue of mine .. both of us have been safe ....
    Did u start .. and how are u finding it ??????

8. shak

shak Harrr!

^ 1 mbps?!!! download speed is 1 mbps?! did i read you right?
    man ... it aint good by 'indian' standard .. its friggin good by universal standard!!!
    i am running 2mb broadband connection (4th fastest consumer bb in uk) .. that too on blueyonder (thats like top uk consumer bb service)
    and i only get 200kbps download speed max on top torrents ...
    yours must be dedicated company line or some shyte . cuz 1mbps downlink aint very common ..

yes i do use torrents .. (read my siggy haha)

9. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

200kb per seconds download??:shock:

i get around 400-1500 kbps from chinese torrent sites.....:shock: is that coz of the seeders???

lol @ shak for the "I" in the siggy lol lol lol

10. shak

shak Harrr!

^ :S i dunno ..
    i just checked my connection and it says that my downstream speed is 2,016.6 Kbps .. but with torrents i only get 200 kbps download speed .. so .. i am at lost ..

@spy: lol yeah .. had to put an 'i' ... by the way no luck yet :(

11. .:SpY_GaMe:.

put a 30 000 points reward +reps for the one who will send u the invitation @ shak

people on igt would kill for points ;) lol and all u need is an invitation

12. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

i am jamheaded.

hence could never figure out this bit torrent thingie.

so could someone pls explain the funda to me - in PM of course.
    we dont want this thread to be closed now do we??

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Nah, there is nothign illegal about bit-torrent.

14. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Oye jammy, go to wikipedia and search for bit-torrent.

15. erutu

erutu terminally awesome

Download utorrent from www.utorrent.com. Its the fastets and most efficient client. Easy to use too.

Google whatever you want say.. "brithey spears *** tape torrent" (no its not leaked yet) and there will be thousand sites pointing to a torrent. There are tons of torrent sites out there. (snip snip) www.torrentspy.com is pretty well known.

16. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey Hp has around 200 proxies worldwide ... And we are speaking of the second biggest IT company ... So its pretty obvious they have 100's of dedicated lines ... And they wont be using any providers for the connections ...
    Whatever crap place this is to be .... These are few things i'll miss when i get out of HP ...

17. .:SpY_GaMe:.

check that

its the average download speed for me :p: ;)

Attached Files:

18. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

^ No seeds? lol

19. .:SpY_GaMe:.

download was complete dude n i was uploading.....

20. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

Oops, sorry didn't see that.

959 kb/s..u kiddin ryte. That's like an 8 mbps ocnnection ya got there. By the way..how many seeds you had?

But why ure upload speed dropped so much after you done with downloadin? It was jus 24 Kb/s after download completed..to 19 peers. =/