How Fast CAn u Play The GuItAr

Discussion in 'Guitar Tablature Discussion' started by BIG_EVIL, Jan 8, 2005.

1. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

@ronnie..there are many who give me an inferiority complex.
    @biggie- yeah, i can..whats the big deal about st. anger??

2. BIG_EVIL

BIG_EVIL Guitaring Machine

wat abt " atairway to heaven" ..its not fast
    BUT ITS FKIN hard

3. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

the solo is decently fast and its also very long....at least the TSRTS versoin is....over 100bars.....so it requires more stamina then speed..sounds lovely tho....

4. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

no offense but stairway to heaven is a very easy solo to pull of...try something dreamtheater.

5. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

wuts abt the song WHERE STREETS HAV NO NAME by .....U2

that is very fast n difficult to play

6. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

but almost too easy............

7. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

If you think so, try to play it the way Page has played it. Playing it might be easy, playing it real good is the challenge. Building the feel and energy is a real tedious task in this solo. Number of notes might be crap but this solo was not intended to be that.

8. BIG_EVIL

BIG_EVIL Guitaring Machine

once u know how to play it (stairway to heaven)
    ull think ..ur the greatest guitarist in the world

9. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

same with floydian stuff ...

If u can learn to play like Gilmour (or Stevie Ray Vaughn for that matter)... i guess there is no need to play fast ...

for the rest mortals ... well they need to show their prowess by blitzkreig shredding on the strings n frets ...

10. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

the toughest solo i've learnt is Eugene's trick bag, one

fav solo's include number of the beast and FADE 2 black
    just luv 2 play the solo of trooper , alwayz getz me in da mood !!!!!!!

11. ronnieanand

Try playing Sunshine Of Your Love - Cream. Clapton does a 4 Fret Bend. See if you can do such an accurate 4 Fret Bend. It will make your balls pop out of your mouth. Crap to speed shred. Check this out and realize your worth. It's a simple solo to play but very difficult solo to play it well. Check out the solo of Clapton's Bell Bottom Blues. You will even have a heart ache playing the solo. Impossible to get that feel. Check out his pinch harmonics in that.

12. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Anybody seen the Crossroads DVD??....those blues maestros have the most amazing feel to their solos....the solos are not very fast...but its like..these guys know where to stop...and their onstage jams are totally :nw:....

13. ronnieanand

Hey Nebu,
    Welcome to the world of Blues Jam Rock bands. Nothing can match the feel they have. Check out Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, etc.. when they totally Jam on stage. Jimmy Page especially is a total animal.

14. ^NutCracker^

^NutCracker^ New Member

guys!... its not the speed that matters... its the feel and the phrasing of the solo...
    thats why i rate David Gilmour higher than Eddie... hear the comfortably numb solo... beautiful...
    you hear one Eddie solo... you heard them all...
    thats not to say that i dont like Eddie...love that guy!!!

15. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Hey,Can you suggest some concert/song with Page et al jamming?

16. ronnieanand

Check out any Led Zeppelin Live Concert DVD. Recently I saw one at my friend's place and I was like stoned for next 2 days.

17. ronnieanand

Well said Nut. Nobody can beat the phrasing of Dave Gilmour.

18. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

hell yeah eugenes trick bag was too good. there are similar passages in michael angelo batio's "no boundaries". but really blazing fast is maybe malmsteen's "blitzkrieg".

19. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

watch nyyyyyyyy video of batio......................

20. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Well jo bhi ho, a 14 year old playing Eugenes trick bag is worth applause.
    As for the age old speed vs feel crap.....heres my take

speed,phrasing,etc are just tools to make music. A good solo can either have bluesy bends or superfast licks..a good solo is what sends a tingle through ur spine , it gives u an adrenalin rush..a natural high,...it doesnt have to have 200 notes in a sceond..but just cuz a solo has 200 notes in a second doesnt make it necessarily bad.