How Fast CAn u Play The GuItAr

Discussion in 'Guitar Tablature Discussion' started by BIG_EVIL, Jan 8, 2005.

1. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

I can play pretty ok I guess. Riffs are quite easy for me. Fast solos give me trouble but once I practice them a bit I'm good. Like the fast solo on One or Crazy Train took me a while to learn but once I got them I practice until I can play them at speed.

2. apratim.mitra

apratim.mitra You can call me apro

Yeah i guess practice makes a man perfect ... :)

3. tejas

tejas ..........

Yeah, i also can play pretty fast riffs, but not fast solos. I dunno why its that way, but im not complaining. I love playing rythm.

4. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Me more of a solo guy, bleeding my fingers lately to learn the Iron Maiden solos....

5. Mamasteen

Mamasteen <A-W-A-Y>

^ thtz one of the slower songs by Yngwie.. but no doubt one of the best.
    you gtta' listn to Trilogy Suite, Blitzkrieg, Bite The Bullet.... if you're lookin for faster Yngwie instumentals..

6. d_ist_urb_ed

^^Plays like bloody greased lightning. He's yngwie's counter part in India.

7. Gai

Gai New Member

whose yngwies counter part in india......???
    try arpeggios frm hell....man thats fast........

8. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

I can play fast stuff eg One big rush(stch),fade to black(metallica) etc. but these days im diggin dave gilmours solos-coming back to life,time etc....damn that guy plays with so much feel,his solos are easy yet powerful.

9. d_ist_urb_ed

@Gai, mamasteen, he can play most of Yngwie's songs:)

10. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

i said by kerry king

"practice, booze, practise, booze, practise, booze"....

defenitely, practice makes u perfect. ;)

fast leads r hard....even now i cant complete a song at one go...widout a mistake. yet, haven't given up. :)

11. ironmaiden513

ironmaiden513 New Member

umm i can play pretty fast..inspired by dave murray and alexi laiho and stuff but it sounds like **** when i do (i guess its just my squier strat?). anyways the best solos i can play tho r the ones from come on feel the noise by quiet riot, although those r gettin kinda easy

12. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

can any one play??/ "where streets have no name " by u2
    i can play it on acoustic...

13. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

wow..man u must be awesome...i can only play happy birthday and twinkle twinkle :)

14. hemants

hemants New Member

deathdr_87@hotmail.com

he plays fast!!!
    he's a member of the site...checkhim out..ask him for a video...then yu'll no wats fast

15. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

i play at 160 km /hr.....can anybody play fast like that

16. apratim.mitra

@hemants ... do u care to tell us which site is death_dr a member of ???

well as for me ... i have found that some of the exercises in the Rock Discipline video by john petrucci really good and helped me a lot ... especially his stretching exercises and his metronome stuff .... in fact just so u guys know ... metronome can be really helpful to pick up on your speed ... although i would just like to mention that speed is not everything and melody is actually more important ... cheers :rock:

17. guns n roses

guns n roses Pro Guitarist

i love learning leads. Welcome To the Jungle, Paradise City, Sweet Child, Out Ta Get Me.

Cool songs, the hardest one would be Paradise City, W2J is easy, Sweet Child - the last solo is a bit hard, Out Ta Get Me - solo is outrageous! Paradise City - solo has a different theme, and the outro is FAST!

now im learning "Im the Hell Outta Here! - Steve Vai

Any GN'R songs u guys know how 2 play?? you need help on??

18. shak

shak Harrr!

@gnr help me with the sweet child of mine solo....the part where slash brings in the wah-pedal to be exact (that 5 second fast pull-off hammer-on part before he does bends on 15th fret b string) ... i have seen at least 3 different versions on the internet and i have tabbed that particular part myself as well ...but to me none of them sound good enuff... i was wondering if you can give me your version ....

19. stoned_survival

stoned_survival New Member

well im dammn slow at leads---max is sweet child o mine ---:p
    but i can play rythm quite fast --i dunno bpm tho ---but quite fast ---which songs would u guys say r fast ---as in according to rythm

20. apratim.mitra

try "holy war - The punishment due" ... :p: that's fast :rock: