how do you read the guitar notations

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by Valentina, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Valentina

Valentina New Member

Hey

My question might sound very stupid but i have just started playing guitar.I need little help .Can one tell me how do you read the notations.For example if u have got tabs gor some song in this format how do u read it and the play it.
    what does these 3 5 7 notifies.Is thid the fret number or what ????

Please help.

Also in some cases i have seen E A C# what are these .Are these cords ???

Thanx in advance.

Valentina

Karz Theme music
    G chord
    E---3-----3-3-5-7-7/10-7-7~---10-12-9-10-7-9-5-5h7-7-5\3-3----------------------
    B---3---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    G---4---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D---5---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A---5---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    E---X---------------------------------------------------------------------------

E-3-3-3-3-5-7-7/10-7-7~---10-12-9-10-7-9-5-5h7-7-7-7----------------------------
    B-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    G-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    E-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now comes the fast part:
    E--10-9-10-9-7-9-7-9-10-9-7-10-9-7-9-7------9-7-9-7----9----9-9-7----9-7----7---
    B---------------------------------------------------10---10-------10-----10---10
    G-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    E-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E-7----7--------------7------7---------------------------------7----------------
    B---10---10-8-10-8-10---10-8---10-8-10-8-----8-(8times)---8-10---10-8-7---------
    G-----------------------------------------------------------------------9-7-----

Now comes the part which rhymes with "Ek hasina thi" song from, of course,
    the same movie.
    B--7--5-7-8--7--5-7-8--7--5-7-8-5---5-5---5-7--------5-7-5h7-5------------------
    G---------------------------------------6-----8----8----------------------------
    E-------------------------------------------------------------------------------Comments?

2. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

3. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

I guess that article answered your questions, valentina... Please feel free to ask any more questions...

Thread moved to beginner's QnA board.

4. Valentina

Valentina New Member

Thanx for the help .That was really helpful.

Cheers,
    Valentina

5. when we play chords how can one know abt the speed of strumming???? n should it b all at onece or one after the other thnx

6. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

You must listen to the song. Thats all there is to strumming... practice and listen... listen and practice. Thats it, seriously!