How do you listen to music?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Morbid_Angel, Sep 21, 2011.

1. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I was talking about me but yeah, whatever turns you on.

2. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

hahhaha sorry my bad..i was wondering what my being mediocre had to do with it :p

don't shift blames brother. it's fate :cool:

3. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

haha, touche with the fancy e.

4. susanthom

susanthom New Member

When I am writing, I would like to listen to some music. Some kinds of music just give me some inspiration.

5. SandraGonzalez

SandraGonzalez New Member

I usually listen to music loud in my car with the windows wide opened and singing out all the lyrics loud lol. That's how I like my music:)

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Why do you keep the windows wide open?
    You feel like showing off what you are listening to?

7. wylder

wylder Member

As childish and immature this debate maybe, it is getting hilarious...

Yeah, I find those dudes maxing out their 5000W sound systems in their puny cars on the public roads obnoxious

8. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

What amuses me is that more people seem to judge them for the music they're playing rather than the act itself. You could be playing Pachelbel, Opeth, Limp Bizkit or Michael Jackson but you're still an idiot.

9. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

well i select the album and by right clicking add to windows media player list...and then switch on the shuffle...repeat...dfx...and then minimise it and start playing gta vice city,counter strike source ,burnout paradise...with the game's volume at 0(zero)

10. Morbid_Angel

pshh that's pretty much giving the music a background listen. if you wanted to discover new music on your own somehow (dont know if you get that drive) how would you go about it? and then obviously you do not listen to whole albums at all.

@bjr
    hey c'mon give opeth an exception. i'd do it once just to publicize something new :grin:

11. wylder

wylder Member

Okay, so how often does somebody listen to 1 second of the track as you drive by and fall in love with the music/artist?
    On the other hand, think about the people who might not like the music and are forced to listen to it because they are using a public road...

Same crap with temples/churches/mosques putting out noise in the city. I was so bugged when a temple in our neighborhood had a ceremony till the break of dawn. They then had a 15 minute break and before I could doze they started an hour of bursting crackers.

Why do people have to be so ignorant of others' rights?

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Rights = illusion.

Its the might that determines the "rights".
    (both in right-wrong context, as well as rights and duties context)

13. Morbid_Angel

lol

get over it dude, this is india.

actually, no. i shouldn't be using that argument really. lets put it this way: no one ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD gives a sh*t whether a random person on the street was held by the throat and forced to listen to any kind of music. you may think thats obnoxious, well yeah, thats exactly what we've been saying in the previous few posts but you seem to have easily missed that?

or did you somehow overlook the fact that my comment on opeth was a joke?

14. wylder

wylder Member

Sorry, my bad. I didn't detect the sarcasm in your last post about Opeth...

15. Vader

Vader New Member

nice to meet you August Rush

16. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

I usually dont listen to albums as whole but some albums like the recent A Thousand Suns by Linkin Park or the classic Dark Side of The Moon deserve a whole album listen. I listen to them from my iPod Touch via Fiio E7 amplifier/DAC into Sennheiser HD555 headphones. I just close my eyes and listen to the music, listen to the minute sounds that usually escape notice and visualize the music. I dont get bored while listening to the music I really like. Other times i listen to music while solving mathematics or Engg. Drawing problems. Helps me concentrate. And also while commuting. Listening to music while driving feels great.

17. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Wasn't this the original post about Opeth?

18. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

what? what?

19. Morbid_Angel

my next post after that one had a small reference to playing opeth loudly :$

20. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Okay.

why would you play them ... loud?