How do bands get gigs?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Maidenhead, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Maidenhead

Maidenhead UP THE IRONS!!!

heya,
    i just wanted to ask, how many of you are teenagers and have ur own bands. how do u get gigs n stuff?

2. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Nah, seriously, get yourself a good demo made, and then approach bars/pubs with them to get noticed. Play a lot of college competition gigs / other gigs where you're allowed entry to play, and don't need a huge repertoire to fall back on. Once you get noticed through this way, and if you guys are really good, you'll have independent promoters coming your way.

But the key here, to get noticed, and play some good places would be to record a demo ASAP.

3. Maidenhead

Maidenhead UP THE IRONS!!!

but thts if ur right on dedicated to perform all ur life innit?
    i dun want a record deal or anything cuz ma futures pretty much clear to me, i just wanna play live man.

oh n btw im 15, dun they ignore 'kids', talented kids at that, lol!

4. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

See, even if you just wanna play live, trust me, to play live, you need to get gigs. Unless you have contacts in place, and that too at the right places, that's not gonna happen.

Which is why I say go out there and practice the shit out, be a BAND... record some stuff, even if it's just covers. Cuz then you know where you stand, and people who call you in to play are sure that they've made a good choice.

Trust me, I consider the band stuff as a hobby too, but then again, a passionate hobby at that... Unless you're really good, whether be it as a BAND (ala Zero), there ain't no huge money coming in anyways...

5. hv23

hv23 New Member

cool advice

6. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

yep...support Asmo else u keep practicing and get urself u manager who can look out for the gigs as we do, provided he has good knowledge of the scene..........

7. AceRoom

AceRoom Future Grammy Winner

I'm still in school too. I've played a couple of school gigs. Problem was that the speakers are bad and it totally ruins the entire performance. If you do get a chance to perform live, then USE YOUR OWN AMPS!!! You'll need the big ones though...