How big is your music collection

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Feb 4, 2005.

1. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

@Jayswami... w00w0w... too cool .. simply awesome

2. Sonali

Sonali ::>> Welcome <<::

wow jayswami, have you actually listened to all those songs :shock:

i got a little over 9 GB and i thought that was a lot......i actually deleted songs that i didn't like (abt 9 hours worth)

3. Bandbaaja

Bandbaaja Pronounced Band Baaaa Ja

Mine aint all that much as JAY.
    But since the advent of NAPSTER, and CD RIPPING, I've been collecting albums in MP3 since 1998 and now it is around 1000 albums that includes all the ROCK, POP, JAZZ & HINDI (few TAMIL and MALAYALAM); All ripped at 128 / 160 kbps and stored in my CREATIVE NOMAD ZEN XTRA (40 GB)

Another 5 GB of useless stuff on MP3 CDs,
    And around 30 albums on original Audio CDs.

And around 100 DVDs of movies, concerts and music biographies.

4. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

nice collection there bb ...

5. aleric

aleric New Member

Around 35 GB.......Been collecting it since the Engineering days.

Mostly mainstream rock........

6. shak

shak Harrr!

hmmm yeah nice collection @bandbaja

7. Bandbaaja

Bandbaaja Pronounced Band Baaaa Ja

yeah ;)
    so now you know my articles on Introduction to Rock 1 & 2
    are actually based on stuff that i own ;)
    There's loads more to hear!!

8. krishnan

krishnan New Member

nearly 100 gb
    and 50 gb movies

9. shak

shak Harrr!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

10. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Approximately 50 GB spread over 2 hard drives with over 5,000 songs.

11. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :&quot;(

@neo pretty big.

12. nadish

nadish Active Member

1.06 in Hard Disk, 8 Audio CD of Pakistani Band, and 21 other MP3 Cds ;)

13. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

my collection is mostly in mp3 cds.. which i have loaded in my HD.... about 10000 songs or slightly lesser..... got loads of stuff which i havent loaded to HD cos i am not much into those kinds of stuff....in gb terms...i have about 30 gb or so of "music"

about 1000 songs are downloaded from kazaa, bearshare etc.

i got videos too... both bought on vcd and downloaded...about 60-70 video cds (pearl jam's single video theory, gnr's music videos, videos of U2's greatest hits album, iron maidens raising hell, megadeth live in italy, the wall, pulse and in the flesh cds from the floyd family, dire straits' greatest hits album on vcd, G3 live on stage and many many more).. . the downloaded stuff includes live gigs and videos of "hit" songs...tull to queensryche to dmb to whitesnake to sheryl crow to aerosmith to third eye blind to lynyrd skynyrd...i specially love the "unplugged" performance of pearl jam that i downloaded piece by piece (ie.. song by song,.. not the entire concert) i got lots of metal stuff too.. death, sepaltura, nine inch nails, pantera.. but i dont watch those much.

some of my collection is thankis to one generous friend of mine.. he burnt me about 12 gb of stuff... songs and videos combined...

now if only i could get rid of my habit of downloading truck loads of catroons (tom and jerry, laurel and hardy et al) and er.. "prawn" clips... i'd have a HUGE collection... its still quite big tho.. i got stuff i dont even know i got !!!

yes i am pretty much a "digital" guy...... from the time i bought my computer, cassettes have gone out of the window... i got some 100 of them.... thats all

14. atthanii

atthanii Theif Slayer

i don't know da computer language...but i have bout 400 to 500 cds english and hindi 2gether...and bout loads and loads on computer..so u do the math...

15. axlrose250

axlrose250 New Member

Mine Is
    Ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Little I Dont Bother Counting

16. nl---18

nl---18 New Member

hmm...ive got like....256 gb of everything...which includes...vidz,mp3,en concerts...but not movies........cuz...ive got 3 system attached here....en ive got like...240 gb on 1 comp......

17. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

i got more than 1000 songs on hard disk......
    n loadz of Cd`z

18. sam_rules

sam_rules New Member

i 've got someting like 1800 english songs and 3600 hindi songs. and about 5 GB music videos. total something around 28 GB

it is not much but all my songs are sorted. so no song is repeated twice.

19. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

I had 4.5 GB of music. But I had to format my drive due to some problem in my OS. Now I've got 2.6 GB. Pretty less. :eek::

20. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

i never keep track of all thoise stuff.,