How big is your music collection

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Feb 4, 2005.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Well almost everyone here is into music :p: So how big is your music collection? I know most of you guys will be having gigs and gigs of music... :rock:

2. shak

shak Harrr!

only 548 Mb :(

3. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

30 giga :D

4. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Shahrukh, You got along way to go buddy!

@Rizaaj, Wow impressive, are they on cds, dvd or hdd?

5. shak

shak Harrr!

^^..oh man!..i cant afford to buy songs in gigs..my pocket is a bit tight..hope ya understand :) .. and yeah i am strongly against piracy so NO kazaa/imesh etc for me!!!!

6. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

No problem, dude!

7. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

well they are on Hard drive..

8. Hardik

Hardik .:.:.:BoRn TaLenT:.:.:.

17 Gb...........

9. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

Itunes summary:
    1865 albums 978 artistes
    genres : pop/rock/metal/jazz/west classical/audio books bollywood/mollywood/pakistani/srilankan

total of around 80 gigs.. i am gonna max out soon.. and need to move to bigger space.
    1 year back.. i did a 1 month private project of ripping all my cds into itunes. since then i rip every new cd i buy. ihavent been too good taking backups of my data though.. i am gonnna do that once my 80 gig drive for music maxes out.

Jay

10. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

Whoa!!!!.....Mine is measly 8 GB.....i am ashamed of myself !!! :(

11. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Same here... poor poor me...
    THo I do have a lot of CDs... original I mean... and a whole lotta MCs too

12. wow mine only 3GB actually i feel lazy to copy all my cds on my compt or else that would have been more that 10GB
    have really loads of cds(not pirated plzzzzzz) from my cuz n friends n i we share n so on

13. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

i ripped my CDs at 320Kbps.. so each mp3 of mien is around 10-15 megs.. so its not that huge.. my collection.

14. tejas

tejas ..........

I've got 'bout 10 GB of music on my Hard Disk. And I've got plenty of music on Original CD's and Cassettes. Not much I see, when compared to others here.

15. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

6 GB, damn, most of it's videos, so it's not that huge.

16. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ...............................................

wwwwoooaaa , thats awesome collection i guess .....

17. sanat_satan

sanat_satan New Member

i have 20gb of music on my pc plus some 50-60 casettes and cds,and a 14gb of music vids

18. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

I'm done ripping CDs!!!....Hell..I used to just take out my Hard drive and plug it into my friends comp...We initailly had 2 hard-disks for the same purpose bought from money contributed by all of us...Burners were not that common back then.

Now that I have left hostel...I am trying to be a more genuine person ;)!!! ...only originals...(I mean i burned rest of the stuff and stashed it where no one can find...hehe!!).

19. @bobby never compare onself with jayswami woh to music mein dooba hi rehta hain
    wooooow 80 GB
    a friends of mine is like him his hard disk is 40 Gb n there's only windows office tools meida player n other neccesaary utilities yet it contains 34Gbs of music

20. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@jayswami....dats kewl.

me.....abt 30 mp3 cds.....all burned.