Hotel California - Last solo

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by shobhit4friends, Oct 4, 2008.

1. shobhit4friends

shobhit4friends New Member

Hotel California - First & Last solo(Updated)

hey friends,

I have played guitar 3 times to record this one..n really find it difficult but i certainly had fun while playing..

lets see what u think of it..

i know bout my few mistakes.. after all its Hotel California !!!

https://www.muziboo.com/music/Hotel-California-First-Last-Solo-Updated/5503

Thanks

Please comment i'll wait eagerly for it..

2. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

not a good attempt...

right after 00:30 everything went haywire.......your timing was way out of cue........try listening to the original and then get the timing......

and this aint such a tough solo.....if you tried playing master of puppets and you went slightly out of timing its understandable.......but this is a rythymic solo.....melody is as important as timing....

get your guitar.....pratice this solo around 25times and then re record it......

cheers!
    :beer:

3. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

as sukrut said, ur timing is off and try using some hammer ons and pull offs.. it will sound much better

4. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Totally agree with the other guys, some timing problems.
    Some of the notes played aren't the right one either, try figuring out the right notes, otherwise try searching the right tabs and try it once again!
    Try to get rid of the irritating noise in the background aswell, use the noise reduction function in your recording prog!

5. shobhit4friends

Thanks for ur comment//

sukrut~ i still think this is not an easy song.. i never mean that playing is tough but when u'll have to play rhythm & lead together for recording then its not that easy...

well i would love to hear ur version too...(if u still think in same way)

6. shobhit4friends

by the way i have updated my recording...so will be glad to hear ur comment now ...

7. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

boy the intro sucked more than the outro now!!!! you even played wrong notes!!! i dont know whether you tabbed this yourself or copied frm somewhere......either ways it was bad!

i dont see any update on the outro...its still way off beat.......only the last part was an improvement.....
    i'll post mine....just wait for two days.....my exams are gonna get over by then....

my comments are not meant to be harsh.....im just trying to point out the mistakes....dont ever get discouraged.....

cheers!
    :beer:

8. shobhit4friends

ok..i'll wait...

9. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

true man.........da tabs are wrong..........da timing is a bit off again.......try sum hammer ons and pull offs.......i will post my intro in a few days too........

this song isnt as easy as it seems.......bt den again practise is da key.....it took me 6 months to get da fast part of intro right.........and it isnt still perfect...........

10. ywdhfjtu

ywdhfjtu New Member

Nice try man!! I agree wid the other people. U can work on the timing. Use a Metronome for maintaining the timing.

www.soundclick.com/SWAPNILSULE