Home At Last

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Asmodeus, May 13, 2005.

1. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Hey...
    FINALLY.... I'm back...
    So wats this I see on IGT? Games? Some1 explain please....
    What else is new?

Had a ohkish-good vacation. If ya want details, lemme know...

2. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

ha ha , i liked that part
    nws , welcome dude and start rocking !!!!

:rockon:

3. shak

shak Harrr!

welcome back asmo!!!

4. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

welcome back dude....

5. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

Theres a new arcade consisting of Snake (I'm champion :rule: ), Chopper Challenge, Space Invaders, Tetris and Asteroids. You can compete with other IGTians in it.

6. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

yeah we want the details - i came back yesternight too - from darjeeling and sikkim.

sikimese chicks have brainy behinds and behind every (well almost every) sikimese chick is pointed brain - details later about my "mission" in 'Ling and 'Tok.

meanwhile Asmo can you furnish your experiences ???

7. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

F'kin prick... U were in Gangtok & Darjeeling???
    Me too...
    SHoulda told me... *******...

HAHAHA..

Well, this is my vacation (inshort) =

Day 1 - Left early in the morn. Caught an IA flight to Kolkata. Checked in (???) to our guesthouse. Refreshed. Went to the Zoo (Saw Giraffes mating), the crappy-aquarium, Botanical Gardens (Oh hell yeah!!! The Bodh Gach). Lunch at a damn nice-bad place in the galli near Metro. Back to guesthouse. Rest. Visited relatives at Golf Green. Met bangla-rockers Abhilasha's Kutty. ***y dinner.

Day 2 - Went to see Dakhineshwar & Belur Ghat. Belur's a ***y place. Lunch at Aaheli (Peerless Inn) - not to happy with the food. Then, went back to guesthouse. Left in the evening for Dakhinapalli. Shopping. Came back. Again, ***y dinner.

Day 3 - Hmm... history... Victoria Memorial and Maidan in the morning - noon. Visited my favourite club EAST BENGAL. Got to see a hockey match. Too bad the players were in Mumbai for the NFL. Also saw the Mohun Bagan and Mohd. Sporting sides. Then, lunched at KC Das and visited Gadia Hat for stupid shopping again.

Day 4 - Travelling all over Kolkata. Rabindranath Tagore's Thakurbadi and the marble palace of some "Raja" nearby. Visited Shruti Nandan (Ajoy CHakraborty's school), saw him teach. Left for Old Kolkata to visit a lost relative. Found them. Nice experience. Came back and packed. Dinner at ex-neighbour's place nearby. Nice day.

Day 5 - Left for Bagdogra via IA flight. Flight was late. From Bagdogra, rode in a Maruti Omni (driver - Amit) to Darjeeling, stopping at Kureseolong. Bad surroundings of our hotel. Hotel room was nice. Tried to visit Mall, rain stopped us. Dinner at Marwadi's. Amazing thali. Left for guesthouse disgusted and dissappointed. I'm not a Hill Station person.

Day 6 - Mazing Aloo Parathas for breakfast. Left for the Mixed Points tour... visited the Museum (nice), the Japanese temple and Peace Pagoda (amazing), Rock Gardens, Ganga-Maya park (Ohk), Ava Art Gallery (stupid), HMI and Zoo (Cool), Tenzing Rock (I actually scaled it), a view-point (Spotted the Kanchenjunga clearly) and visited the Mall.

Day 7 - Did the 3-point tour. Including Ghoom monastery and 2 points which I dont remember rite now. Went to the Mall again. Lunched at Glenary's. Met up with some amazing rockers. Played a bit. Enjoyed myself. Went back, packed.

Day 8 - Left early in the morning for Gangtok. Rode in a TATA Sumo. Nice car. Checked into Tashi Delek on MG Road. Rested the remaining day. Checked out a cybercafe, met some damn nice Nepali Death Metal Band (X-Mantra). Damn crappy lunch and dinner.

Day 9 - Hired a nice, jovial driver, Marcus. Rode in his Maruti Omni to the Rumtek Monastery, Botanical Gardens, a viewpoint, Flower Show. Nice Flower Show... I liked it...

Day 10 - Again, Marcus took us to this new monastery. Amazing place... I really liked it there. Then, we went back to the city. Checked out Lall market. Bought shoes... dirt-cheap prices.

Day 11 - Went to Tsongo Lake (12,400 ft) and Baba Mandir (13,800 ft) via the Tashi View Point, Hanuman and Ganesh Tok. Hanuman Tok rules!!! Baba Mandir was fun. Saw a march-past by the DOghra regiment of the Indian Army. Came back to Tsongo. Rode a yak, played in the snow. Nice... best lunch ever. Maggi noodles and omelette-sandwiches and coffee. Came home. Tired

Day 12 - Gangtok to Bagdogra. Flight was late. Came to Kolkata. F'kin TAXI strike. Stranded at Airport. Managed to get an Amby to take us to te neighbour's place. Heavy tea. Came back to the airport. Left for home. Flight late. Reached home...

Overall, pretty ohk...

Day 4 - Visited Park Street, checked out guitars, didn't buy any.

8. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

what date was the day 5 you mentioned ?

9. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

seems like u had a sucky vacation....vacation are when u r at the beach and relaxin...not shopping around and looking at old places...

10. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

11. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Atleast I managed to view Kanchenjunga vaguely...

Actually, I didnt gie a ****... afterall, it's jusy a mountain!!!

@ DP = Yeah... my idea of a vacation is just being left alone... doing what I wanna do, when I wanna do it...

12. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

kanchenjunga is probably the most beautiful mountain in the world - more photogenic than the Annapurna, Fujiama and Mt. Blanc