Holoflash Finish on ur guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by geniusoid, Nov 25, 2006.

1. geniusoid

geniusoid Acoustic Alchemist

2. erutu

erutu terminally awesome

OMFG don't!

3. geniusoid

Did i forget to mention Erutu, tht the axe has a different look and colors when seen frm diffnt angles? :grin:

4. yazi

yazi Banned

That, my friend, sucks.

5. geniusoid

I think tht looks cool....the technique I mean... I agree the final pics show poor artwork....but read thru the technique...

6. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Well that's just right out of the 80's now isn't it...

I guess you can obtain holographic materials from professional printers, or their suppliers. There are makers of holographic stickers as well if you can contact some.

As for the clear, you'll want polyurethane. I'm thinking you already know all of this...

7. geniusoid

No dude i dont! I have a 4-5 yr old Givson electric tht i`ve rarely used...and i wanna totally strip out the colors and redo it funkily!

8. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

Thats just GAY !!! (No offense)

9. thehundredthone

You're gonna have a helluva time doing so, and it's not going to be cheap.
    You'll have to sand down to the wood, but be careful not to go into the wood. Then re-seal it, then paint it, then clear (few coats), sand (rough), clear again, sand (going down to fine grain wet/dry) to buff it. Be prepared to live with a less than professional finish.

10. geniusoid

aargh! I guess i`ll just take it to a Luthier and ask him for a quotation to redo the axe...

Btw, is it possible to use the fretboard of an acoustic to get a custom made electric? My old Givson acoustic has such a nice lil fretboard - shez butter! Was wonderin if i cud use tht fretboard somewhere, coz she`z 17 now, and I donno how many more yrs i want her to suffer workin for me... :(

11. thehundredthone

Google it biatch! :mad:

No sorry I dunno :p:

12. geniusoid

woof! Yeah i`ll do so....the fact is tht there are lots of tuts on doin stuph, but most of the shit is available abroad...in India, u wont get most of the stuph anyways...unless u are into the biz and know wht to buy!

13. thehundredthone

You'll get everything in India. You just need to start looking around and asking around in wood shops, etc. If there is something you just cannot get here then look abroad or at an Indian alternative. How do you think the luthier's here work? Not to mention Givson, Tansen, etc.

14. shak

shak Harrr!

bloody hell whats that!!! for the love of god dont show this to vai ...

15. geniusoid

hahahahaha.... *shows it to Vai* *Vai loves it and buys it*

16. thehundredthone

What did you do? I told you not to show it to Vai! Don't you ever listen to me?! You stupid little *"&£!!
    /proceeds to beat geniusoid with a roll of holographic paper

17. shak

shak Harrr!

vai is one of the few people on this planet who would go for such colour frenzy to be honest .. i was just looking at his gear from past and he had some really hippy/retro 60's colour thing going on ... that's why i mentioned vai ..

18. geniusoid

sOid faster than lightning - old Jungle saying

*evades the holo-roll swiftly*