Hola !!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by chainsaw, Apr 30, 2007.

1. yazi

yazi Banned

To question your existence. :cool:

2. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

yeah ur right.........................srry dude...................

3. angel_of_sin

go ahead dude pop da questions............................

4. yazi

yazi Banned

Cmon, questions are not like cherries, I aint comfortable with the former.

5. angel_of_sin

alrigh dude..............................

6. chainsaw

chainsaw New Member

and why wud i bother to prove it?

7. yazi

yazi Banned

Just kiddin bro.

8. fatbax

fatbax New Member

Hey chainsaw hus da drummer 4 ur band?
    They keep on changing rite!

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Chainsaw, dont take this negatively or anything, but:

Whats the purpose of bassist in death metal or black metal.
    The bass is hardly audible at any given moment, and the bassist is usually playing the same thing which rhythm guitarist would be playing.

And the thing is that the guitarist would've usually kept his gain at 11, and similarly all bass mids and treble controls at 11. Which makes anything else inaudible.

And to top that, many of the new age death metal guitarists (dunno about black metal) seem to prefer baritone guitar with log thick strings, thus pushing their frequency range further into the bass.

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I mean, lets say if you compare to Blues or Funk or Jazz, where the bassist is actually playing things pretty differently from the guitarist, plus the mellower and smoother tone of the guitar makes the bass pretty audible.

11. chainsaw

chainsaw New Member

Your "logic" per se , to some extent, is right. BUT I really dont know which death metal band your talking about. Cause ive heard shitloads of death metal bands like Athiest and Cynic, where the bassist kicks equal ass , as the guitarist and drummer.

Go to you tube and type Frantic Disembovelment Studio by Cannibal Corpse. See the bassist play some crazy bass lines.

Bass lines are supposed to be the low end sound, but never the less, most bands have a distinct bass sound to them.

12. angel_of_sin

^^ absolutely right...........
    @ alpha1 -

if u add a distortion pedal to bass.......................it starts rocking..........................................trust me i play bass too............................and main job of a bassist is to fill up da gaps left b/w da songs played by da band..................and a bass solo can kick ass................have u ever seen a band widout a bassist???????????? Man dose guyz arent stupid dat dey allow a bassist in dere group...................dere has to be reason and dat i hve already given.................................................i think bassist and drummer are an important part of da band..........................u can hve a rythm guitarist bt dat wouldnt xactly matter would it, i mean bass can also also give a kickass rythm...........................

13. chainsaw

chainsaw New Member

im back ! after some lottsa travelling !

14. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

Welcome back!

I changed my dp, pls don't hate me :(

15. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Adding a distortion pedal does not change the role of instrument.

Anyway before any furtehr comment from my side, I would like to check out the bands mentioned.

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

PS: angel of sin, if you think that the role of bassist is just to fill in the gaps and to add low end to the sound of the band, then my "friend" you msut check out blues and jazz style of music.

17. saurabhrocks

saurabhrocks New Member

wow this is going quite far. chainsaw already has a lot of fans...

18. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

What's going far?

And are you jealous that he's got "fans" as u say and u dont? :grin:

19. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

AhaHahhA, where did you pull that out of?

20. chainsaw

chainsaw New Member

Ha , how could i ever hate u ! *evil grin*