Hobner or Hobmer??

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by nitin_pai, Dec 17, 2005.

1. supernova

supernova New Member

when did u last visited a dealer BRO !!

............its HOBMER Now ..... not hobner {accounts problem in the company } RESULT=name change .... got it ! !!

2. bsharp

bsharp New Member

Sorry u have been duped 4 sure.. :think:
    Nothing called hoBmer ...its Hobner....
    U talked about 265 model ... i use the same and its Hobner...no M is there..

3. acoustic_ear

acoustic_ear New Member

Hobmer Horror

I saw hobmers too ... and this shopkeeper gave me that crap about hobner no more... some brothers .. they split and its now hobmer and what not ..
    me quietly picked up givson ...

4. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

OK guys. Next time I log in, I'll try to Give you the number of the Hobner showroom. If in doubt,you can ask the source themselves.

alpha1 likes this.
  5. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

I don't know if posting phone numbers is allowed. However, I have sent Hobner's phone number to some of you so that you can check it out yourselves.

6. debankan

debankan The bassist from hell

As far as my knowledge goes, Hobner's chief engineer(who designs the guitars), has left Hobner and opened a far better manufacturing company called Signature. I have been to the Signature showroom in Kolkata. I have never heard of a Hobmer. Sounds like Kepmar. (Kepmar means thieves in Bengali)

7. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

New question
    Givson or Gravson?!!
    Heard the similar thing about giVson from a dealer
    That it has changed name to graVson

Lets keep this thread going.....:rock: :rock:

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hehe, thanx dude.
    Dunno how ppl can believe fake is real.

9. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

okay

hoFner is a respected guitar company.

HoBner is the original indian stuff:)

HobMer :p is a copy of hobNer :p::p::p:

10. bsharp

bsharp New Member

Yes... i have the same news too.
    I went to a shop behind lal bazaar(kolkata) who deals with Hobner guitars.
    They said the same and also that hobner guitars are also coming as Hob"mer" or "mart"...something like that...his pronunciation was such odd. :think:

11. debankan

debankan The bassist from hell

I have never heard of that. I had been to the givson factory in Kolkata barely 2 months ago. These dealers will tell you anything. There are a few such impersonators in Kolkata. Grason, Givtone etc.( Grason is pathetic. They make only accoustics and poor ones at that)

12. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

You're welcome, man.

13. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Ok I have confirmed with a dealer that HOBNER has indeed changed the name to HOBMER.....

14. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

Hobner, the company has split into two companies, the original Hobner, and the new Hobmer. as far as their instruments, i've played both, it seems the new Hobmer guitars are significantly better, both in contruction and tone.
    they have even divided their showroom at shyambazaar, kolkata into two showrooms.

15. erutu

erutu terminally awesome

My cousin wanted to buy a guitar and I went along with him. Played some guitars, a really crap one whose name I cannot remember.. buzzed on every fret, and selected the Hobner. Or so I thought. I went home and a little while later my cousin calls me and says, "Why does this say Hobmer and not Hobner?

I didn't know what he was talking about. Met him later and indeed it was a Hobmer. Sounds good... so couldn't care less. If anyone's interested it cost Rs. 2550.

16. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

:shock:
    You mean the logo changed after going home!! :shock:

17. erutu

erutu terminally awesome

No fool! :p:

I thought I was playing a Hobner. I didn't look too carefully. But as I said, played and sounded nice. So the name doesn't matter.

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

+1
    If it sounds/plays/feels good, it IS good.

19. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Hmm...Then it shud b ok,,......

20. geniusoid

geniusoid Acoustic Alchemist

ok i`m off to Kolkata next week on tour...will try to find out the mystery behind it (they are based in Kol, right?)