Hobner guitars

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by apakhira, May 2, 2005.

1. apakhira

apakhira New Member

I've been playing a bad (high action) Gibtone acoustic guitar 4 some time and decided to move 2 an electric. So i wanna know, are Hobner guitars good? How do they compare with Tansen guitars. And cud u please suggest better brands (if any) in the same price range? (Rs. 4500-6500).

2. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

go for fender or gibson , cant really tell you much abt the prices in india - you can check it out from the local shop near your place ...

where you from ??

3. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

hey bob how can fenders and gibsons come in the range of 4500-6500
    i think a behringer guitar comes in tht range..

4. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

i really dun know abt the current prices in india for these guitars , its been ages i ve been to any musical shop in india!!!

otherways fender basic electric should cost around $250 / 300 ...

5. rust_in_pain

guitars r really expensive in india due to the taxes.a mexican strat comes 4 26k ie 600$ approx.

6. apakhira

apakhira New Member

I'm from Kolkata. Like rust_in_pain said, Fenders and Gibsons don't come under 4500-6500 in india. Ok, now Behringer- are they good?

7. rust_in_pain

sorry no experience with behringer....but take an experienced guitarist with u and check out the guitars at the stores.tansen r gud but the factory has closed long ago so i dunno if u will get it anywhere.

8. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

OK.....................GO FOR HOBNER.......THEY MAKE SOME GOOD GUITARS........
    I HEARD THAT THEY NOW GOT A STRAT WHICH IS VERY GOOD FOR PLAYING ROCK..........
    SIGNATURE IS ALSO GR8....................BUT DON'T GO FOR GIVSON................
    behringer IS NOT BAD......BUT NOT GOOD 2.....

9. apakhira

apakhira New Member

So basically, u r saying some of the Hobners are better than the Behringers?

10. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

ya, I think hobner is better and cheap..............:grin:
    but u can go for a Behringer.......................how much is it???????

11. hotobhaga

hotobhaga GraMMaR GoD :p:

I use hobner myself... its cool...! and cheap too...! No experience with Behringer..!

12. rust_in_pain

as i said go to the store with an experienced player and check out.
    but i will also advice u to save more money 4 a better one(ie,if u can)

13. apakhira

apakhira New Member

OK. I guess u r right. I think i'll go for Hobner. Behringer i think is available at Rs. 7500, but thats a starter kit with amp, strap, pcks, instruction book and stuff. Behringers website suggests they dont sell individual guitars.
    And rust_in_pain, do u think i'll b needing a better guitar, coz i wont b playing 2 seriously. I am basically a keyboardist, with all the guitar knowledge that i have from the net.
    Anyway, cud u guys please what i shud check out while buying a guitar? I hope i'm gonna take an experienced player with me, but just in case...

14. rust_in_pain

if u r not serious then dont .its ur decision after all.as 4 the guitar play all of them through one amp and listen which appeals to u the best in tone quality.pick the one which buzzes the least.i dont think ull have 2 many options though.

15. apakhira

apakhira New Member

Should i consider it to be a problem if the guitar buzzes at the fretboard, but the buzz is not produced through the amp?

16. rust_in_pain

it is a problem tht cant be helped unless u buy higher end guitars ;) but choose the one which has the least problem

17. nishantsaran

nishantsaran New Member

Hobner

I have a custom made Hobner... its got an awesome thin neck for fast playing and two hubbuckers

It has an adjustable bridge and a real low action

Have it for 5 years and performed in nunerous gigs and jam sessions never gave me any problem.. would recommend a hobner for any new bigner..

GONT GO FOR GIVSON.. they make the worst guitars EVER....

Indian guitar.. HOBNER or Signature are good... dont go for anything else.

Also try to use Extra light guage strings if you not into heavy metal / hard rock genre.. they are generally moreplayable

18. apakhira

apakhira New Member

OK.Thanx. My friend the other day was talking about some chinese stratocasters. supposed 2 b better than hobner but costs a little less, he said. r they licensed from Fender and r they really better?

19. rust_in_pain

they must be fender squiers that come for 10-12k(chinese). these r better than hobners.
    if they r cheaper than hobners then they r not fender at all .
    cant say if they r better.

20. apakhira

apakhira New Member

Thanx. So i'll look 4 a thinner neck right?