Hobner 265

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ksdaddy, Nov 6, 2004.

1. ksdaddy

ksdaddy New Member

I recently purchased a Hobner 265 arch top. I haven't received it yet, and I would like to know other player's opinions of it. I've never owned a guitar made in India so I don't have any idea of what to expect. It appears to be a bolt on neck, is this correct? How would you describe the sound and action? Are there any upgrades that I might want to do, such as better tuners, levelling frets, etc?

2. ksdaddy

ksdaddy New Member

The guitar still hasn't arrived yet, it should be here by the end of the week. I'm amazed that there have been no responses to this post. I foolishly thought that a discussion group based in India would have members who could give me insight on a guitar MADE in India. I guess I was mistaken!

3. i dont own a hobner 265 nor have i played one..
    if any of the guys would have owned or played it ..u would have got ur response

4. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

I have the 265 too.. It rocks...

5. ksdaddy

ksdaddy New Member

I received the Hobner 265 on Friday November 12. I am quite pleased with it. I posted a complete review of it on harmonycentral.com. It is very tempting to upgrade some things on it; at a glance the tuners, bridge and tailpiece appear to be cheap and one would expect problems, but the fact is that everything works fine and I see no gain in upgrading to more expensive parts that won't necessarily work any better, and would, in fact, detract from the originality of the instrument. It currently has Earthwood bronze 11-52 strings, and I will change them to Martin medium bronze 13-56 and then assess the neck's stability and the curvature of the top. Arch tops sound much better with heavier strings but I want to be sure the guitar is structurally stable enough for the increased tension. I do wish the company had a web site, as I am always very interested in seeing the construction phases.

6. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

IMpressive....

7. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

a friend of mine owns one..but he has destroyed it totally!