hm what may happen to my pc if??

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by .:SpY_GaMe:., Oct 17, 2005.

1. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

i have bought a new pc recently abt 5 weeks ago n have n been using it abt 15hrs a day
    well i may not b using it but its on downloading things n always connected to the net n all

i was just wondering does such overuse of the pc decreases the life span considerably???

my monitor remains on for only max 5hrs

do reply thanks
    ;)

2. .:SpY_GaMe:.

life span of my pc i am talking abt not mine ;)

3. jekyll

jekyll Banned

kuch nahi yaar ...

anyway your PC will be obsolete in 5 years

4. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

SPY GAME..you can use your PC as much as you want. But do not forget to rest your monitor. DO turn off the monitor when not in use. And, some suggest avoiding shutdown and restart.:) SO, Switch on once.. And use it for 10 days..:)

nIK!!:banana:

5. .:SpY_GaMe:.

r u sure??^^^

any one who tried it b4 n wat happened?

6. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

nuthing happens mate....monitor consumes maximum power...if its off for quite sm time nuthing happens....just make sure u restart it once a week..

7. .:SpY_GaMe:.

well power supply is not a prob coz i dont pay for it its free for me hahaha(yessssssss)

hmm will c wat happens trying it ;)

8. shak

shak Harrr!

nothin will happen .... i keep ma pc runing all the time ... honestly .. i dun remember the last time i turned it off!
    [edit] // laptops are different .. you do need to rest them otherwise it gets a bit hot .. and if you are unlucky .. goooey

9. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

i keep my comp on for days..
    nothing happens..u just turn the monitor off...

10. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

The more a pc runs the better its lives, when you don’t run it for more than few weeks it may start to develop issues with hardware.

I run most of my computers round the clock maybe restarting in two to three days, never had a hardware problem.

11. never do that! i did it and my computer got overheated :annoyed:

12. Hardik

Hardik .:.:.:BoRn TaLenT:.:.:.

i find that if you use it long enough ,the pc slows down....i mean applications take more time to open n stuff......can you keep it ON for days together????....

13. .:SpY_GaMe:.

my friend kept his pc on for days ( a new one) n the power supply in the cpu had probs n had to b changed

wat abt that????

14. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

Its different in my case. I ususally keep it switched on for days. Start downloading some softwares or videos or anything which take a lot of time and switch off the monitor and go to sleep. Next morning If the download completes I just start another one , switch off the monitor and go to office, and it goes on and on. But yeah once in a week my pc gets rest for a few hours ;) . Regarding the overheating issue, well I never faced a prob with that , and considering I have a AMD 64bit processor (which usually heats up more tha intel processor), I think no one should have any problem with that providing u have a good CPU fan and preferably an extra fan for ur cabinet. For a matter of fact sometimes back I was out on a holiday and after coming back I found my pc too slow and crashing frequently.. but two days of continious use and it was back to its form ...

SO USE UR PC AS MUCH AS YOU WANT DUDE .... DONT WORRY IF SUMTHING WOULD HAPPEN TO IT... ANYWAY UR PC GONNA BE OBSOLETE IN ANOTHER YEAR ... SO B4 CHANGING IT ... USE IT :cool: