hlp: need hlp on reading tabs

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by mad_man, Apr 1, 2005.

1. mad_man

mad_man oo my god kill Em all

hi guys
    i am a newbie recentli purchased a guitar . although i hv learned to read the tabs but there are something i wanna know. like what does the terms 4p6 and 4\7 means .and also in many wensites i have read about handpicking and hammering what are these things??? :think:

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Hi there mad_man, 4p6 means that you have to pull off from the 6th fret to the 4th. Alright, here's a step by step guide to get it. Place your first finger on the 4th fret of the first string and third finger on 6th fret of the same string. Now that you have both of them in place, strike the string with the pick keeping the third finger on the 6th fret, now as the note rings out, pull your third finger off keeping the first finger on the 4th fret, therefore it'll sound like the 4th note is being played. And the 4/7 means a slide from the 4th fret to the 7th fret. Strike the note on the 4th fret and then slide your finger down to the 7th fret. It's not hammering by the way, it's hammer on's, refer to a guide on reading tablature in the guitar tips lessons forum, as to handpicking, i have no idea.

3. mad_man

thx mate.

now atleast i can try n play some more songs .

i'll reply after playing some songs

4. mad_man

hey guys i need help on the "hammer on" techniques.

how can i do it