Hi

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by coolguitarist, Nov 10, 2004.

1. coolguitarist

coolguitarist New Member

Hi folks
    Anybody from Pune here?

2. maverick8218

maverick8218 New Member

I am from pune...

3. i wish i was from pune...coz this thereads so empty....sigh i wish i was from pune..
    cmon ppl no ones here to give them company??

4. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

I'm not from pune.. visited there once. But all the girls had their faces covered with their dhuppata or whatever they wear.. The girls in chennai are not like that.. but then, they are not much to look at anyways! oops... any chennai girls out there?? ;)
    Another funny thing in pune was they kept giving forks and knives to eat dosas.. hmm..!

5. dude one of the local hotels out here in mumbai...
    serve samosas with fork and and spoon..
    and its pretty common out here to serve dosas with fork and knives...not exclusive to pune..

6. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

I can understand eating samosas with a fork.. but a dosa? A nice thin crispy dosa with lotsa sambar? With a fork?

7. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Yup, we get forks and knives for dosa. I guess the ppl in mumbai dont like to get their hands dirty or something but its quite commom here. Though i cant imagine anyone using that to eat Paper Dosa's. Lets stick to the topic though :p

I havent seen girls wearing anything over their faces in Pune. Infact they are very open and "free"! :shock: Where excatly did you go in pune, in an village or rural district or the city?

8. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

don't remember the place..
    we took one of those big autos and went to some damn or river kinda place
    it got quite late and we had to hitchhike on the back of a lorry to get back..
    was great fun!

9. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

i a lil away from pune , bombay :p:p:p:p

dimebag and rajnikant - that was offtrack , lol neo caught ya ,....

but neo if you juss dip the dosa into sambhar , i think you can manage to eat it with spoon if not with a fork ... ( something like a south indian soup ) ;)

10. vocalist

vocalist Banned

are you a cool guitarist

11. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

i dun know if i am cool or not , but for sure i am a guitarist , playing guitar is my hobby ...

i love the instrument ...

12. maverick8218

maverick8218 New Member

Gals out here do wear scarves to protect their 'beautiful' faces from pollution, esp. when on bikes. Otherwise they are quite open as neo said.

13. i always eat dosa wif a nife nd a fork coz mi hands get really oily.. a lil wierd 4 u guyz =p ... i wish i wish i wish i wish i wish i woz 4m pune heard its gud placeeeeeeeeeee

14. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

yea most of them I saw was when they were riding on the bikes. I like the way you've "quoted" the word 'beautiful'. u should come to chennai.
    so u guys eat rotis and naan with forks too? nice oily butter naan with glistening oily butter chicken?

15. JoGitar

JoGitar New Member

Hey Brothers

This is another puneri lookin for fellow guitar puneites. Am from Aundh, originally
    from Bombay. Nowadays I work and live in Pune.
    Well the thread seems to have lost track from what it was intended to achieve wat
    with forks and dosas coming into the equation.
    Well anybody from camp, korgegaon, aundh deccan or nearabout areas lets meet
    and jam brothers watsay.

JoGits

16. coolguitarist

coolguitarist New Member

Hey Jogitar thanx for bringing the thread back on track
    Well I am from Kothrud area.
    I would love to have a guitar partner. Basically i am an engineering student and dont find much time for pursuing my hobby. but if any punekar is interested we can meet on sundays etc and share our knowledge.
    What say?
    :beer:
    coolguitarist

17. Menon

Menon New Member

Heyya Guys..
    I've been to Pune..I knw the tracks lost, but if some1 does wanna jam..they'll hunt you down Jo..so let's go with the flow eh?
    Yeah..I was wonderng why it didn't strike ananth abt the pollution factor man..that's the only reason they wear the cloth arnd their noses and mouth..I'd a cute lil gal who was from Poona..Law College road...hmm..she wore somethin like that on her Kiney..so it kinda got me nostalgic..Poona's a great place..the crowd's basically collegiate, so it's more often than not fun, there're some loverly places to chill..like 1000 oaks, German Bakery, Corinthian Club n things..it's a wonderful place..the walk arnd the Osho Ashram's jus another experience!!
    Way to go Puneris!
    Cheerio
    tOke it easy
    Menon