Hi!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by srakshit, Jul 24, 2007.

1. srakshit

srakshit New Member

Hey guys!

Good to see an Indian forum for players, look forward to spending time learning a lot from you guys, and hopefully helping a few of you as well.

I've had guitars for about 8 years now, but I took a long break where I almost stopped playing, so am having to go back to the basics. I was pretty active on the wholenote forums for a long time, and wrote an article (I need to write a follow-up) for them on home recording.

I was part of a band in Calcutta about four years ago. We only performed twice, and we weren't all that great, but we enjoyed ourselves quite a bit.

Now I'm based in Mumbai, have a day job in advertising, and try and get some playtime in spite of a pretty bad schedule.

I like to play classic rock, and some newer stuff so I don't always look like a granddad when the kids want some songs they recognise. My talent sucks, but I can get by - I started playing at the age of 28, so my flexibility isn't so good. I'm a total gear slut, spend a lot of cash on gear. My gear is listed in my sig - I got the handmade from KL (no duty, thankfully) for about 72K. More than I could afford, but I shelled it out, and she's worth it.

I've written a dozen or so songs, and recorded one of them to work on my recording and mixing. I'm working on getting some starter mics and a decent recording environment.

Apart from music, I'm pretty big on DIY, computers and am a closet audiophile, so I mix and match stuff across hobbies. Haven't made a pedal yet, but am not into playing electric so much, so that can wait.

See ya round on the forums. Meantime, keep playing!!!

2. Shreddy

Shreddy LaneyManeyResurrection

a Ken Lawrence? PICS PICS PICS PICS

3. srakshit

srakshit New Member

Uhh, no, Ken makes bass instruments, AFAIK? It's a Malcolm Tan actually, he's now in Singapore and no longer makes them for Lee, but the design is his.

It's the 'B' model in the product list, but with some updates in the headstock and finish.

https://www.leeguitars.com/main.aspx

And I don't have a good camera, only the one in my phone - so that's useless for pics.

She's anyway better in real life than in pics - doesn't photograph well - and has a voice that goes with the looks.

4. Shreddy

Shreddy LaneyManeyResurrection

Oh i thought when u said i got it handmande from KL you meant Ken Lawrence guitars LOL. Stupid me! anyway awesome gear. What'cha planning on selling btw?

5. srakshit

srakshit New Member

Thanks! The guitar is a handmade - not made in KL. The luthiery is pretty good, the finish is not like a Taylor 700 series, but neither is the price. The fretwork and intonation are absolutely stunning tho, I'm running a set of 90 rupee Taiwanse string on it and it still sounds amazing.

Up for sale soon (will anounce once I get my first batch of studio equipment in Oct/Nov) are the berry, the Delta and an Ahuja condensor mic, the Tak (after its bridge is fixed and I get a Walden 630CE off bajaao) and a crappy Reynolds beater. All this before the year-end, and next year I'm upgrading the classical to a Godin MultiAC as well, also from KL.

I also will be sacking off music PCs, starting with a basic recording setup using an SB Live.