Hi Everyone!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Rohit Nalluri, Apr 4, 2009.

1. distorted

distorted satan

N here you r speaking to a noob who doesnt know anything abt guitar... U ask him to play songs n he pik up a few tabs, play them anyhw, get happy n think he can play guitar. But in reality he is hampering his own progress.

2. horsesmouth

horsesmouth Active Member

^yea tats wht i said
    &%$#%!
    n of course one after the other is not like 2-3 months,....its continuous learning,........ u screw up yourself dude thinking like tht...i was infact supporting u.....u just dont understand wht others hav 2 say

u're just being an arsehole....

*edit: tht was for fairandlovely's last post ......distorted sneaked in just before.....u're right distorted.....man, its no use fightin this guy

3. distorted

distorted satan

The way i learnt it:
    Tuk a few tabs, started playing a few songs... But got the realisation that dis is waste.... So the time i spent till nw ws almost waste if we speak of progress regarding playing abilities.
    Then i tuk up a few finger exercises, practised them fr quite sumtym... It ws highly boring, but it paid off n i gained some confidence abt playing leads... Then i wud simply surf the fretboard, get an undstanding of the notes, try tabbing the songs myself... aftr sumtym i ws able to gather it myself dat a certain notes go together according to the mood, n u can omit some... Dis is wt u do while learning scales.
    Then i learnt a few common chords, wud strum dem in groups by piking up any rhythm. I did it fr quite sumtym till i can shift easily widout breaking the rhythm, n den i tuk up strumming on songs.
    N den only, started learning theory to undstand wt ws i doing fr all this tym...
    u need to be patient dude, just keeep on working hard having faith that things will start falling in place someday.
    N my aim ws to save this noob the tym he wud waste in the beginning as i did n most of the people do. Dis is wt u can gain by odrs' experience, rest all you needa do yrself.

4. distorted

distorted satan

@horsy: it came as a shock reading yr post till i read edit.... gosh!!!

5. fairandlovely

fairandlovely peeka-boo

That's not what you said in your first post. If you had, you wouldn't have had to explain yourself and we'd have agreed right then and there (except on the chakka bit where we'll probably disagree forever). Even then we differ in opinion because you seem to feel learning songs is a waste of time. Why cant you use songs to practice techniques instead of excercises? To me, that would make more sense because at the end of the day, you want to develop your musical ability.

As for the sarcasm, I still don't think you've understood what I was comparing gali cricket with so you probably will find your post sarcastic. I did not.
    Show one post of mine where I've misguided someone relating to music. Of course, I'll defend my opinion because I feel what I'm saying is making sense. I'm not the one who attacked you for no apparent reason. I really am not looking to find a personal war with you. Changing titles or juvenile insults really dont spoil my day and Im honestly not pissed off or anything when Im posting here.

This isn't about supporting or not supporting anything. I just explained my post to you because you seemed to have misunderstood what the "fairandlovely style" (as you called it) of learning was. If that makes me an *******, so be it. I don't have anything personal against you and I wont try and belittle you or anything. You come across as a nice guy who writes emo poems. dont take that badly, i write emo poems too.

6. horsesmouth

hehe.....lol

btw....
    i dint understand this......?>.....

7. distorted

distorted satan

@horsy:I just meant to say evn if u hvnt learnt theory, u start undstanding music, u'll start working the way theory does... Coz theory is just experience of innumerable persons piled up. N here u learn by yr own experience... Take theory just as an aid to save ur tym n feel yr music.

@lovely: jaaneman, gussa kyun hoti ho?
    take it lite... I undstand yr motive ws nt wrong... N u wr correct to a certain extent too... Newys, stop flaming, evn i hv no personal qualms against u... N I suppose the threadstarter must be able to compile up things n undstand wt he needs to do... No point in fyting n wasting tym here... Chalo ladai ladai maaf kro kutte ki potty saaf kro.

8. fairandlovely

fairandlovely peeka-boo

haha, honestly Im not angry or anything. I could type a million more pages because im really that bored right now. Its not a ladai.

and you know, you could understand that certain notes sound better in certain places because of experience of playing music and not excercises. That sort of emphasizes what I was trying to say, doesnt it?

9. distorted

distorted satan

yeah, dats y i said u wr ryt to a certain extent... But b4 doin this u need to know the instrument properly... Dats y i ws emphasizing practice.

10. thedisciple

thedisciple New Member

@threadstarter
    first try to learn some basic chords n scales,finger exercises
    atleast give 30mins to the above everyday ...u can always try out songs now n then.

11. thedisciple

thedisciple New Member

@lovely
    ok...its seems tat u r nt tat stupid as i thought initially,bt then tell me why this username"fairnlovely"
    ...WHY O WHY?

12. fairandlovely

fairandlovely peeka-boo

If you ever heard of parodies, youd know why. and id consider anyone who judges by a username to be stupid. I even added the hi handsome line later to make it more obvious. didnt work i guess.

of course its possible that you thought my posts are stupid in which case its okay.

13. thedisciple

thedisciple New Member

^
    chill mate.
    I judged u by ur posts in some other thread..
    Bt ur posts in this thread proved me ...uhh...wrong.
    ^_^

14. fairandlovely

fairandlovely peeka-boo

haha okay. which thread though?

15. horsesmouth

why d'ya need that bit of info?

16. fairandlovely

fairandlovely peeka-boo

um curiousity?

17. thedisciple

thedisciple New Member

^remember, curiousity kills the b*tch...always!

18. fairandlovely

fairandlovely peeka-boo

19. asifsky

asifsky New Member

answer

Need much practice, if you think u could learn it easily then you are right but tips is to practice.

whatever you want to play stick to it, i am guitarist, this learn take lots of effort but i think from this stage something i achieve, so best of luck.

by the way, did anyone know to download some english songs like, brayn adams, eagles, police, love songs, best romantic songs all time

couple of days ago i saw a site:

www.newsongsdownload.blogspot.com

its nice looking site, but the collection of songs is not much enrich, did anyone know some other site, please let me know then:........

20. alice_in_wonder

alice_in_wonder New Member

hey guys!!! im new here