Hi Everyone! I'm New Here!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MHG, Jun 1, 2009.

1. MHG

MHG New Member

Hi Everyone! I'm Gautham from Bangalore, India and all over the internet my username appears as MetalheadGautham but due to an unfortunate limitation on username size in newer vBulletin forums like this I fell short of 1 character so had to abbrevate my name to MHG.

As my name suggests, I am a metal fan and listen to bands like Metallica, Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Van Hallen, Megadeth, System of a Down, Def Leppard, AC/DC, etc. I also like classical rock of bands like The Eagles and Eric Clapton.

I am 18 years old right now (birthday was yesterday) and I started guitar late only at the age of 16. Due to education, I had to postpone learning guitar from classes for some time an year after starting though I continued playing at home and so I developed my own (rather unrefined) style of playing. I hope to start going to classes again now that I have finished school.

I play guitar by using my computer as an amplifier and effects box (using GNUitar or JackRack for effects and Hydrogen Drum Machine for beats) and have a cheap 18-fret local steel string acoustic guitar which is right handed, but I switched strings to play it left handed. It has a (rather horrible) single coil bridge pickup.

Since I have a lot of free time now, I joined this forum to improve my guitaring skills and also to help me buy an electric guitar.