Hey

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by JUS_SUJ, Jul 3, 2008.

1. JUS_SUJ

JUS_SUJ New Member

Hey,
    This is my first post to this community of guitar lovers. As they say its never too late to start something you love to do, I picked up learning guitar at the age of 26. IGT has been my guru. I have been able to play chords pretty well now and I can strum well with practise. I would like to know how I can develop my ear for music. I am 28 now, so I have been playing guitar on and off for 2 years. I can pretty much pick up the chords chart and then listen to music and get the hang of the song. I like to play chords more than tabs may because of my laziness as tabs seems to be a lot of work. If someone can guide me in developing my ear for music so that I can listen to songs and pick up tabs and chords. I know it will take a lot of time and practise but I just dont know what is the best way to get started.

Keep Rocking
    JUS_SUJ

2. dilumeeshu

dilumeeshu New Member

Hi Guitar Lovers!! This is my first post. Although I have been trying to play guitar for the last two years but I haven't been very successful and that's because there is no one here who can teach me.I live in Zambia(Africa) and all I can learn is probably Western Classical or Rock and it is very very expensive,almost $15 per hour. I play Keyboard, hence I thought I could transfer that knowledge to Guitar playing and it helped a bit.I know how to play chords in guitar, mostly the first positions.I am trying to learn the Bar chords also but my problem is the strumming for Indian songs.Hopefully, I will get some helps from this community at IGT.I will be obliged if I get some guidance on the strumming patterns for Indian rhythms. I also feel like making IGT my GURU and hopefully my GURU will bless me with the knowledge I seek.My Dream will be fulfilled the day I am able to accompany with indian songs/bollywood music.