Hendrix is the best, Who is your best guitarist????

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by guitarist2, Feb 4, 2005.

1. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

wut abt Van Halen ... hes a technical and very speedy guitarist...

2. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

he was great, but im just not one of those people that jumped onto to the "HAil Van Halen, father of shred" band wagon.

3. shak

shak Harrr!

slash!.... my style is very very similar to his style... very bluesy/rock .. so yeah he is always a good inspiration
    but techincally i think malmsteen, joe and hendrix really make MUSIC!

4. Mr. Scary

i find slash more inspiring than van halen ANY time.

5. shak

shak Harrr!

the reason i dont like van halen is that he concentrate more on speed than melody... malmsteen and joe also go for the speed but they dont compromise the melody.

6. Mr. Scary

joe as in joe satriani? or joe stump? Joe Stump has a very simmilar style to malmsteen.

7. guns n roses

guns n roses Pro Guitarist

i hate hendrix's music. it sucked. Alot of newer guitarists starting minor bands say the same. Have you heard a mainstream band that's sounded like hendrix yet? No, cuz they wish. I never got hedrix's groove. I hated his sound, his voice, i seriously hated everything. If you offered me 10 Gn'R CD's to listen to a 10 second clip of hendrix's song, i would refuse just sticking my middle finger up. That's how much i hated his music. GOD! sorry guys, i know you love hendrix, hes a GREAT guy, really! but i just dont go on terms with him. (all the above is my opinion so dont start screamin the hell outta me! its opiniated.)

8. shak

shak Harrr!

^^ thats all right @gn'r ..
    @mrscary..... satriani!

9. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

jimmy page is nice guitarist....

10. guns n roses

guns n roses Pro Guitarist

hay sharukh....did i over do it.....if i did.....im sorry.....(sob_)....

11. taffy

taffy New Member

of course hendrix still moves people,and can you tell me where a dynamic vocalist can find a player even close to feeling the music like he did?

12. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

plenty in desi music

13. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

hendrix guitar still lives..
    he made the guitar compositions complicated for the first time....
    n made guitar tecniques....n in most of his songs thers single cmpositions,no overdubbing....he get the credit for the best...