Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by walk_alone, Feb 5, 2006.

1. walk_alone

walk_alone **~~| An Atheist |~~**

Hi guys,

Its been a month since i bought my first acquostic Guitar.

I have been doing finger exercise regularly and now have started toplay few chords like Em,D,G,Cm,Am etc.

iam kinda confused abt how to really go abt it and wats the right sequence of learning.

someone plz help me to chalk out a plan to pass the beginner stage where i atleast can be confident enuff to understand what i learn.

ur commenst wd be appreciated.

2. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

learn some basic theory

3. zing

zing Machine Head

4. uj_6string

uj_6string Nickelodean Addict :D

well walk alone...
    i am a begginer.....so i guess i understand your problem....
    get to know some basic theory(as ambush said).....u should know how chords are formed and what scales are...theory is VERY important....
    keep practising the finger exercises...regularly....they help u a lot....
    start playing some easy songs....now that u know some basic chords.....try out some songs....
    from your post...i sense that you are learning on your own....without a teacher....if it is so...i suggest that u get yourself some good teacher.....they will guide you through your learning process......then u wont have such problems....u can learn on your own....but it is always better with a teacher.....that is what i think....
    hope that helps
    uj:rock:

5. probuddha

probuddha Aspiring Guitarist

@walk_alone
    Get hold of a good teacher man....and keep on practicing...no other alternatives friend...believe me..practice is the only thing.

All the best !
    Probuddha

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

First of all:
    STOP hanging around with girls.
    Second:
    Become a recluse, a hermit and practice day in day out
    Third:
    Change that irritating self boasting bragging title.

.:SpY_GaMe:. likes this.
  7. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

There are pretty comprehensive tutorials right here on IGT, notably by Taquila and Arindam.Ray. Search the forums.

8. gogol

gogol New Member

These Might Help!!!

Ok...C...I don't know if the things I'm gonna tell will actually help you or not...but they worked for me. So I'm suggesting them to you!!!

0: The 1st one month of learning guitar is the most frustrating period. Get around it, and you got a nice musical future! Most of us go through that phase!!! The symptomes at this stage are that "When you play, it sounds like anything but guitar", "Your irritation builds up even more if you listen to Joe Sat, Vai, McLaughlin etc..." !!!

1: Keep your guitar tuned all the time!!! If its distuned, and you keep playing, wrong sound signatures will be printed in your mind, which would create massive problems in future... Sticking to "Standard Tuning" would do just fine I guess!

2: Learn Scales. And just don't learn a constant position to play a perticular scale!!! Listen to a scale at least 100 times and get the sound reinforced into your mind!!! Now create some patterns of your own to play those perticular sounds on the fretboard(those sounds that the scale had). Its the sound that's most important!

3: Learn how to Form chords outta scales! Better download WinChords software or some software of this kind! They come real handy at times!

4: Practice Practice Practice!!!!

5: One thing I'd definitely tell you that actually happens to me! You might not notice that you are improving in a constant manner! Rather you'll often get surprised at times when you find yourself playing something really nice!!! Its like aviation of a Air-Plane! It gets up in steps. So you learn in steps...At least that's what happened to me!

Good Luck!!!!! ;)

Chereo,
    Ankur(gogol) :beer:

9. walk_alone

walk_alone **~~| An Atheist |~~**

Wonderful Gogol....i can already identify few symptoms that u mentioned....thxs so much all of you.

10. gogol

gogol New Member

Welcome!!!

You're most welcome, walk_alone!!!

Good to know that you made sence of what I suggested!!!

Good luck,
    Ankur(gogol) :beer: