help with my first Electric guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by saqib.shah06, Jul 8, 2009.

1. saqib.shah06

saqib.shah06 New Member

i`m planning to buy a java strat(with a marshall CD10 amp and a zoom G1X)...i wanna know if it plays well enough for a beginer guitar...any help would be appreciated.

2. distorted

distorted satan

Java is kindof ok to begin wid, but u'll definitely need to upgrade a few yrs later... a better option, if u cant increase the budget, rather den getting this combination, get a GBA or squier (dey r better guitars) n get a marshall wid inbuilt effects or sum second hand multifx n amp (myt be frm me:))
    N then, keep saving, trade dem n upgrade.

3. saqib.shah06

saqib.shah06 New Member

thanks man....one more thing...hows raj musicals(www.rajmusicals.in) for buying this stuff...i mean are they reliable and all?...they`re offering the squier Rs.1000 cheaper than bajaao...and their shipping rates are less too...so i`m in a fix...would it be ok to order from them? or should i stick with bajaao?

4. saqib.shah06

saqib.shah06 New Member

Isnt Java better than GB&A?

5. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

no java isn't better than GB&A.........and if you live in delhi you can go to Raj Musicals itself in delhi.........though i would say Bhargavas is better because they got a bigger range..........and if you are going to bhargavas tell me if their shop has been completely renovated or not????? I needed to buy a bass+ amp for my friend but the shop's collection had been shifted to some other place because of the renovation going on............

6. saqib.shah06

saqib.shah06 New Member

i live far far away from dehli man...kashmir to be exact...dont have a good guitar shop here...in fact dont have any guitar shop here...so i`m looking to order it online...just checked out SB musicals (https://www.sbmusicstore.com/)...they seem to have pretty decent pricing list...any recommendations?

7. angel_of_sin

a marshall10cd is nt too great to begin with either...........and zoom g1x isnt good............i would say u buy a gb&A elctric or a fender squier (only if you can upgrade them later) with a roland cube and leave the processor for now..........or if u have a good music system/ computer speakers ditch the amp for now and buy a decent processor..........

8. saqib.shah06

saqib.shah06 New Member

thanks for all the info..!!!
    i think i`m gonna stick with the amp(dont have decent music system) and the zoom G1X....its the only thing that fits into budget other than digitech RP50 which i beleive is not as good...

Which GB&A model would you suggest(should be cheaper than the squier...othrwise the squier is better i think)?

9. angel_of_sin

the digitech RP80 distorted is selling is much better than g1x..........if u can lay ur hands on a second hand korg ax3g/ax5g it would be even better.........