Help With Chords N Win Points

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by Hardknockerg, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Hardknockerg

Hardknockerg Banned

hey what r chords really can anyone plzzzzz help
    from dev

2. Hardknockerg

Hardknockerg Banned

hey am a novice in chords so anyone offering help will b rewarded with points
    which wil depend on how helpful he/she has been
    u must first xplain chords
    then suggest some chords of songs i can play
    n also define strumming n other chords n
    xplain clearly not vaguely how i should play
    so post ur helps here coz there gonna b points to win
    n the points will b given by my pal theguitarisofm who told me to post it on his behalf

3. yes am gonna give points depending on the quality of help

4. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

Hardknockerg & theguitaristofm

guitar chords are nothing but notes or postion of your fingers on the strings and fret ..

https://www.guitarnotes.com/guitar/notes2/ultimate11.shtml

when you check out the above mentioned link , you will come to know about chords in more details , ...

you need to practise chords but holding each and every finger of your left hand on the fret and strumm with ur right hand fingers or pick , the hold of your fingers on the fret has to be firm otherwise it will give out a wierd sound ..

5. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Exactly, you should careful not to create any dummy or damp notes check regularly and adjust fingers accordingly, and by the way bobby, nice link.

6. bob-bobby

a chord dict is already there at igt , i think it was posted long back by g gal .... you can search for it ...

or can also take reference from the foll link

https://www.all-guitar-chords.com/

7. bangobango

bangobango Banned

ok thnx dude

8. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

two useful pointers-

place the fingers in a chord shape obly just behind the fret and not too much behind it. it needs least effort that way. i know people who place fingers between two frets and have a hell of a time.
    also, for accuracy, make sure that the angle between finger and fretboard is strictly 90 degree always.

9. well thnx have been able to play chords from the song pyaar diwana hota hain a bit right but stil needs pracrice

10. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

ahh well..

learn how chords are formed..as in how they are derived from scales..
    that will help u in the long run..
    while usin barr chords..keep ur thumb exactly behind the neck ...that way more pressure will be applied ...
    and remember the right hand is equally imp.

if u found these tips helpful..plz gimme a good rep..so i can start stealing again.

11. bob-bobby

good one harry !