:help:WANT TO LEARN STRUMMING

Discussion in 'Pakistani Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by devil_owais, Aug 25, 2006.

1. devil_owais

devil_owais New Member

HI GUYZZZZZ,
    I AM BIGGNER SO GUYZZZ I DON,T KNOW STRUMMING CAN U PLZZZZZZ TEACH ME STRUMMING?:help:

2. mateenhaidar

mateenhaidar New Member

first step to learn strumming is to understand the Beat Pattern in any song...
    once u follow the beats, it'll be easy to do strumming for that pattern...
    most song have even beat pattern, that means beat repeats itself at regular interval, but some songs have odd beat pattern, so u have to listen where the beat is changing and change ur strumming accordingly....

always practice for up and down stroke equally, some beginners dont pay attention to up strokes, but it is very critical in strumming...

when u listen to any song, even if u dont have guitar with u, try ti visualize the strumming pattern along with the beats....

thats it, i gave u what i knew....but u can find more help frm other knowledeable members here....

3. devil_owais

devil_owais New Member

Thanks Buddy
    I Will Try My Best To Learn Strumming
    Thanks For Giving Me Time

4. asif_rox

asif_rox New Member

Well for all the songs that have 4/4 try basic DDUUD or DDUUD/u or DDU/UDU it will suit the song nicely provided there are no varition in between. The strumming may vary like once or twice on each chord

Listen to last kiss - pearl jam and play DDUUD once on chords G Em C D
    try to sing along if u get it right then u can tru the same pattern for any song on 4/4 variations u can figure out with lil practise

5. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

strumming defined in simple english:
    Hit the damn strings wid ur damn hands

6. devil_owais

devil_owais New Member

guyzzzzzz thanks a lot for uuuu
    i hope soon my pro: will be solved

7. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

there are a lot of such questions being asked in the Beginners Q & A forum.. Search in that forum if you need more information on this topic..

8. devil_owais

devil_owais New Member

yea i have went there. acha guyzzz listen like there is a strumming in song e.g A D G A. so here its written 1 time so i have to strum it 1 times down n 1 time up na?