HELP::Uploading pics from my Nokia 6610i.

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by vini, Oct 19, 2005.

1. vini

vini Repeat Offender

i got a Nokia 6610i somedays back. i didnt buy a usb port or data cable along wid it.

Now i need help from u guys..how should i go about uploading pics taken from its camera to my pc...i know that needs a usb port/data cable..but i guess its not the end..then i need to get drivers, scripts, pc suite that will enable me to use the Nokia 6610i.

What on earth is this all about...plz guide me for this, as this is my first cam mobile..and me a novice. tell me in steps so that i could understand...for example the step after buying the data cable??? step2? :p:

I'll be buying data cable as sum1 told me usb ports are crappy!

Just tell me how to go about this..im really confused :think:

:help: :help:

2. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Does your mobile phone support bluetooth? If so you can exchange files from your mobile phone to your computer and vice versa provided you have bluetooth on your computer as well.

3. vini

vini Repeat Offender

No..it doesnt! :shock:

4. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

:RollLol:..I think there's a read me file in the DKU 5(data cable) CD. I could have just copy pasted. But, I'll expain..:)

GUIDE.................
    Your phone is Infra red enabled! You can either buy a infrared port for you computer. For that ask someone else for help. Or, You can buy an USB cable..(DKU 5).. Price- Rs.1400 (original)...& Rs. 300 (duplicate),,I've the duplicate one..And I bought it @ Rs. 350! Anyway, both are equally good..and incomparable.

1)) SO after you have bought your DATA CABLE.. Go through the installation read me once. Though onthings there.
    2)) Connect your cable to an USB port. USB port are ports which are present in all the computers. Each and every computer has atleast two USB ports.
    3)) While connecting to the port you must, keep in mind to which port you are connecting the port to. I've connected it to COM4. Now you might connect it to COM2 or COM3.. Upto you.
    4))After connecting switch you PC on. Enter into windows. WIn XP is the best for installation. A message pops up at the startup. And you can instal the drivers right at that time. Use the DKU5 CD which comes free with the DATA CABLE <both original and duplicate>...
    5)) After installation, it might ask you to restart your PC. Do as it says.
    6)) Install PC suit from the CD. ANd you are ready.
    7)) Connect your phone and restart the PC. ANd once the configurations are ok. A icon shows up in the taskbar .. displaying "NOKIA 6610i connected via serial cable"..
    8)) After that open my computer and rock on..;) You have phone browser. And it is similar to my computer. You mobile phone will be displayed as a seperate drive. And you can asscess all the informations..:)

N.B.-> Keep your phone connected to the Cable always!! That is, from the time when you switch on your computer for the first time. And remember. To detect connectiong. YOu may have to restart your machine several times, keeping the phone connected to the wire.!!

Pe@Ce 0uT!!
    nIK!!:banana:

the_wizard likes this.
  5. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Pls buy a usb port or data cable along wid it.

6. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

return that to the shop n get urself with a bluetooth integrated mob :p:

or else the only solution will b to buy a usb post cable

7. 6610i has infrared. buy an infrared port but its painfully slow =(

8. .:SpY_GaMe:.

my mob got camera+recording +bluetooth+infra red

u should get urself wel informed b4 buying 3 things guitar, car n mobile phone ;)

9. wich mob u have spy?

10. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

get a USB cable and follow Nik's advice

11. vini

vini Repeat Offender

Thanx Guys!!

iL get back when i buy one data cable :)

12. .:SpY_GaMe:.

hmmmmm vini som ethings u should check while buying ur mob ie in the shop

1.if the mob works
    2.if the mob has all the features listed by the shop
    3.what features n accessories u should be getting ie like charger +usb cable+cd s for some mobs (like mine ;) :p: )

hmmm n also for mob slike the one u bought i think u should have got the usb cabkle along with the other accessories

hmmmm

wel i am now sure next time u r buying a mob u will b more careful ;)

though how is the mob like?/

what features u have in it?/?

the world seem to b crazy abt nokia but i dont like nokia coz its a too common make lolz

hmmmmmmmm do buy the cable n tell us abt it

i hope u got the installation software?? :p:

13. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

@vini - aha....another problem...now with your mobile....hey,, follow my advice.......get a new camera mobile phone and get a usb cable wid it! :p:

14. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

If the problem is file transfer from phone to the computer, there's another solution (without data cable and w/o bluetooth , w/o IRed)

Get GPRS service enabled in ur cell phone from the service provider. Airtel and Hutch GPRS services really rock (though I found Hutch to be bit expensive ..Airtel charges are very low .. 150 Rs a month max -Unlimited access).
    Once you have GPRS enabled, you can access ur emails on the phone. WIth email access, you can browse and mail the snaps from ur cell phone to ur e-mail. :)

However, for the long run, it will be best to have a Bluetooth/data cable for file transfers! IR is okay but its pain at times as u always need to align ur phone in the direction of the IR receiver in the PC.

15. nik_bokacheley

FOr me DATA cable ROCKS!! And I have AIRTEL post paid.. They charge Rs.99 per month. (Unlimited acess)..But the sux.!! They are crap.. Total losers.. One page loads in 10minutes or more.. DOn't go for GPRS..(My advise):)

nIK!!:rock:

16. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

USB is pretty fast. Whoever told you that it;s crap is a crap. By the which version of the US is that. The USB 1.1 is pretty slow compared to USB2.0. USB 1.1 had a raw data transfer rate of only 12Mbps. If your mobile is USB2.0 compatabile and supports Hi Speed Transfers, you can get raw data transfer of 480Mbps. That's a great speed for your small photos from your mobile cam. Check out which version of USB is supported in your mobile and also check what transfer it supports. If it supports Hi Speed transfers, then you can zip through. If it supports only Full Speed transfer, then you can consider other alternatives.

17. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

nik:They charge Rs.99 per month. (Unlimited acess)..But the sux.!! They are crap.. Total losers. page loads in 10minutes or more.

Well I have the Mobile Office service from airtel @ Rs 150 a month. In Maharashtra and in Delhi (on roaming) I found I could access my e-mails in about a minute or so on Nokia 7610. One can also install an Instant messenger on Symbian/Java-supported phones (Agile messenger) that just connects you in seconds and enables u to send pictures from ur phone's messenger to yahoo msgr (thts what I mostly do when Im not carrying my data cable/ bluetooth dongle to office/cyber-cafes).

Maybe not the best of solutions to transfer files but it does work for me whenevr needed and is 100% portable! :)

18. nik_bokacheley

sixstringsin..Hmm the services are not the same always.. MOreover you have a better fone..:) N7610 is better than N3200..:)..But at your place AIRTEL sux...;).*no hardfeelings meant*

nIK!!:cool:

19. .:SpY_GaMe:.

usb cable is better

well if u dont have blue tooth

blutooth is really nice way of sending data such as video n mp3s ongs from one mob to another for free

well the receipient mob must b nearby

though its nice

20. hey sixstring how much did u spend for the sim? i went to india and spent 550 on a sim and it had 300 credit+3 months validity. but i called those ppl 4 mobile office and they said that i cant have it on my sim :mad: but 12 rupees for 1 day of mobile office isnt worth it in my case =(