help to buy processor/pedal(for metal)

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by fullmetal, May 13, 2011.

1. fullmetal

fullmetal New Member

hey guys
    i'm new here n i need some help. i wanna buy guitar effects pedals. i dont know if i should buy a single multi-effects processor or multiple analog pedals. i play metal with a jackson kelly guitar and a roland 15x amp.
    if analog then what pedals will i need??(distortion, overdrive, wah, chorus etc)

2. fullmetal

fullmetal New Member

and my price range is 15k.

3. bcrich

bcrich New Member

Buy individual effect pedals anyday.. Far better and than any Multi-effects processor.

What pedals will you need depends completely on you.
    For metal.. a distortion, an EQ, a Wah(if you play Metallica stuff), and delay(for some solos, not necessary) is enough.

4. fullmetal

fullmetal New Member

i was thinking of that. so what pedals should i buy(distortion, wah, chorus)?
    distortion - EHX metal muff or digitech or AMT metalizer or boss or any other?
    wah, chorus, flanger etc. - suggestions?

5. bcrich

bcrich New Member

Read my post again... I added some stuff..

6. bcrich

bcrich New Member

What pedals will you need depends completely on you.
    For metal.. a distortion, an EQ, a Wah(if you play Metallica stuff), and delay(for some solos, not necessary) is enough.

7. fullmetal

fullmetal New Member

thanks.
    i mostly play modern metal(LoG, CoB, KSE etc) in addition to some metallica & megadeth...
    so i guess i'll need a wah & delay....
    suggestions for pedals totalling under 15k???

8. bcrich

bcrich New Member

EHX Metal Muff is the distortion pedal for you.. And what other effects do you want?

9. fullmetal

fullmetal New Member

i want an eq, a wah and a delay... but i guess i could make do without the delay...

10. bcrich

bcrich New Member

EHX Metal Muff
    Danelectro DJ-14 EQ
    Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95

But, try them out first.... Don't rely on me only,

@rickkyrich - Dude, you have the most common gear...lolz!!!

Super-Admin likes this.
  11. bcrich

bcrich New Member

@fullmetal- where do you live mate?

12. fullmetal

fullmetal New Member

thanks.
    not sure if it'll fit in my budget... anyways now i'm hellbent on the metal muff... have to compromise on the wah and eq...
    i live in guwahati... studying in ranchi... so i think i'll either get stuff from kolkata or furtados dimapur...

13. bcrich

bcrich New Member

No.

No compromise.

It perfectly fits your budget.. The metal muff is for 7.5k... The EQ I suggested is for 2k...and the Wah is 6k.
    Total- 15.5k

14. fullmetal

fullmetal New Member

i thought the wah and distortion each cost 8k and the eq cost 4k...
    cool!! this fits my budget perfectly...

15. bcrich

bcrich New Member

The Wah for 8k is the 95Q, which I own. The one I suggested is the dunlop GCB-95..

16. fullmetal

fullmetal New Member

okay... will try those...
    thanks for the help...

17. deepanvishal

deepanvishal New Member

u can better go for multi effects pedal...... go for quality ones of line6 vox korg r boss....
    line6 are alwaz gud...
    line6 floorpods are gud...cost around 12k or somethng...
    vox tone lab st is also gud....check out the reviews about these two procesors...u wud luv them

18. deepsal

deepsal New Member

What the ****!!!!!
    people here are suggesting to use a wah and a dist pedal with a modeling amp holy crap you guys are nuts
    save for a tube amp
    modeling pedals and dist pedals sound shit to me
    but if you cant save 75-80k
    just bunk the Previous recommendations
    and take my advice and get a peavey vypyr 15w amp from briganza or rolands in kolkata the only 2 places where you get proper gear
    youtube it
    you dont need a dist pedal with that

anyone who thinks that i'm wrong show up.......\satan/

19. bcrich

bcrich New Member

Dude... If people keep saving up for gear... Then when will they play.. There whole life would end up just by saving and saving.. It's not necessary to start with a Hi-end gear only.

20. CARLOS SANTANA

CARLOS SANTANA New Member

dude same problem (worse situation)...i dont hv a processor,dnt have pedal,,,i just play through my amp which has distortion in it! bt now i hv a chance to perform live..bt i dont have processor.!! if i cant arrange i'll miss this one!! i dnt hv money too...line 6 ,korg all abv 10k ..nd my pocket money is only 2k..is a complete processor needed? or just a distortion pedal is ok..i saw boss ds1 dats comes @ 2700rs ... aah!! help !! i dnt know what to do!!