HELP- the real challenge

Discussion in 'Hindi Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by milesfastguy, Oct 29, 2007.

1. milesfastguy

milesfastguy New Member

IGTians plz read on-
    OK. most of us know to play songs that we've heard. even if we dont we can easily search it in IGT or anywhere on the net. now the real challenge comes in playing songs that we have'nt ever heard. as far as i m concerned i m pretty good at lead and can play the lead of almost any song irrespective of whether i've heard it or not. now my problem is- the chords of the song which i've never heard.
    suppose i m given the lead of a song which i've never heard. my question is -how do i formulate the chords from the lead? and also how do i do this specifically? ie how do i know that it should be Dm7 and not Dm, or Gsus and not G etc.
    also how do i decide whether to play the open chord or the barre shape. someone has said that u should let the musical situation decide this. as we all know that barre chords give a more fuller sound, but i find open ones easier.

plz reply.
    ........................................................................................................

I M MILES FAST THAN ALL IGTians....

thats coz i can play the B# chord.....hahahahaha...