Help the guitar beginner

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by GEM_PG, Jun 30, 2005.

1. GEM_PG

GEM_PG New Member

Hi All,
    When I browsed the website as a Guest,was totally impressed by the threads and the replies. You guys are fantastic and very helpful. As such got registered and became a member.
    I started taking guitar classes very recently and am currently playing the STRAIGHT NOTES like -
    CDEF GABC | CBAG FEDC
    CDEF CEDF | CDEF GABC
    CBAG CBAG | CBAG FEDC and something like this.

:help:

I have very basic problems. Could you please help me in the following :
    1) How can I play the correct note without looking the Guitar ?
    I usually see the strings or the fret board to make sure am playing the right one. I give less attention in reading the notes on the paper and instead of looking at it and playing, I memorize the notes and start playing.
    2) When I move my fingers on the fret board, am not sure that am on the right fret. How can I make better of mine in this ?
    3) Is there any basic or simple tabs so that I can start playing them ? If so can anyone provide. Am really excited to play my first song

Guys, please help me in this.

Looking for replies from all you guitar gurus as soon as possible.

If required can mail me at [SNIP]

Am eagerly looking for your replies - :cool:

2. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

hoho ...

thats the problem everyone faces ...
    and u know what ? ... even the "guitar gods" look down to their fretboard while soloing ... especially improvisations ...

so the fretboard finger memory will come slowly ... just dont worry ... it is almost like learning to ride a bicycle ... the moment u stop thinking/worrying about it ... u start getting it ...
    and these practices u do like: CDEF ... that will help in gaining the memory ...

it comes with time ...

regarding the songs ... well pick up any song by led zeppelin ... eric clapton ... (english) ... or RD Burman (Hindi) ... most of 'em stuff are clean electric or acoustic ...

3. real_illusions

real_illusions Clapton Is GOD

Patience is a virtue.
    You just have to keep doing what you are doing, and eventually it will come to you, slowly but surely.

All beginners face this "greed" problem where they think they can skip the basics and go from "guitar zero" to "guitar hero" in a small amount of time.

Just make sure you practise what you do, regularly and correctly and you will get it.