HELP!!>Suggest THE BEST spy+adware+antivirus?

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by vini, Aug 15, 2005.

1. vini

vini Repeat Offender

hi guys!! this pc of mine is just at the verge of breakdown..its has slowed down very much and almost refuses to work...so im working in safe mode with networking coz i have no choice.... but u know i cant run many applications in safe mode..so ultimately i need to run in normal mode....to cut this crap short...

suggest me the best software i.e, spyware+adware+antivirus. It should be very effective. Earlier i was using sw doctor but it didnt work..now m using spybot but its absolutely usless....so plz come up wid ur suggestions and do mention the size of that software and other imp. features if u can!!

iL be more than happy if sum software could come to my rescue....i need help now. :help: :help: :help:

:eek::
    tahda!!

2. shantanukr

shantanukr yEh DiL mAanGe m0rE

U can try out ... MICROSOFT Spyware as an Adware and Spyware remover. Its really superb .... Its FREE and has got high RATINGS on Tech Magazines. Try using GOOGLE to find download link...

For Antivirus .. i like McAfee as it gives SUPERB internet surfing protection ...

Bye ..

3. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

best anti virii is said to be Norton ... PCcillin and McCafee are also good ...

antispyware by MS is decent ...

one more thing u require is a firewall ... if u have LICENCED Windows XP Service Pack 2 ... u dont need (coz it has its own builtin firewall) ...
    but otherwise u can try Zonealarm or Sygate ...
    firewall will stop all the creepy prgrams from making unwanted connexions to outside world thru net ... (and same for those coming from outsidfe) ... will be around 5MB ...

antivirii are much larger ... and most prob the is the cause for your comp to be slow is virus ...
    spywares and adwares will hijack the IE ... but i dunno if they can make a comp that slow ...

there are few free standalones ... try Stinger ... its good ... and small size ~2MB ...

4. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

For Spyware... the best i found till date is Microsoft Anitspyware!
    Its one scanning removes the most deadly spyware without a hitch.... and it really does!
    Not like spybot..which shows the various Registry Entries...still on a reboot you find the same spyware on your system!
    Get it from: http://download.microsoft.com/downl...-fca2f2c6f0cc/MicrosoftAntiSpywareInstall.exe

Regarding Antivirus, the best is AVG 7 Free Edition...
    I till date never got a virus while using AVG
    Get it from: http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1

Thats it!
    The Microsoft Antispyware.. is the comprehensive package removing any adware, malware, trojan, or spyware!

Enjoy!

REgards,
    Zooom..!!

vini likes this.
  5. shantanukr

shantanukr yEh DiL mAanGe m0rE

hey zoomingrocket ... is AVG better that mAcafe or other paid antivirus software ???? i actually dont know ..

6. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

STINGER is da best ...

7. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

For Antivirus if you have good enough RAM go for Kaspersky. Much better than Norton.
    for the freeware AVG or aVAST or AntiVirXP ... which i found satisfactory

Microsoft Antispyware is very good but NOT comprehensive.

It's always better to use AdAware/SpyBot Search and Destroy alongside.

8. vini

vini Repeat Offender

isnt there any composite or like 3in1 kinda s/w which could destroy adware&spywr along wid viruses..
    coz it will be so tuff to get n then manage 3 seperate s/w for these 3 diff. problems..any idea guys? :think:

9. vini

vini Repeat Offender

@ssslayer stinger is not 2mb..its nearly 11mb

10. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

^^^ oops!

atleast u did some research ... ;)

11. vishwa_81us

vishwa_81us Banned

Norton is the best

12. vini

vini Repeat Offender

i surely am... i feel no program can guarantee foolproof protection..not atleast the free ones. they all have a preset list of viruses and they cant deal with any new category outta their list.... desperately waiting for a decent s/w to come along :shock:

tahda!!

13. Orange Guitar

Orange Guitar IGT's ALLROUNDER

download Ad-Aware Se personal....its a very gud software!

14. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

Best combination to go with is:

AVG (Anti-Virus)
    Webroot Spyware Sweeper (about $15-20 and worth every penny! try the demo)