help...strumming the chords...cant do it.!!

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by rocker_vish, Aug 12, 2006.

1. rocker_vish

rocker_vish New Member

hi alll....i got my new guitar this week...and i have been trying to play some chords...and songs with this basic chords...but it sounds..so out of rythm when i do it..plzzz help me with strumming of the chords...any particular way to strum chords....and make them sound good...plzz help ppl....

2. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

dont strike the strings too hard maybe thats why it sounds out of rhythm
    practice some simple procression first like G C D

just practice this with simple strumming patterns

Also check if the guitar is in tune

3. rocker_vish

rocker_vish New Member

thanxx....man...can u tell me ...some diff...patterns for strumming.....like every songs has a diff one...

4. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Hmmm... WTF is "Out of Rythm" ? :think:
    Anywayz, you say u got ur guitar a week back, and u r trying to play chords :shock:!!
    Practice the basics first before playing the chords. Atleast learn how the chords form!! Go for chromatic xercises first, feel the guitar and then do what u feel. ;)

If you still want to play chords, firstly, hold it accurately, i.e. no notes should be muted. There is an easy wy to check it, play broken i.e. hit every string seperately to see if any note is muted.
    Secondly, don't strum too hard, try to strum softly. You do not need to be perfect in rythm at first, just be sure that ur fingering is ok and chords are sounding good.
    Try to practice with a metronome and if u r thinking about playing a song, then try to play with the original song. It helps a lot!

5. vini

vini Repeat Offender

LOL...why why whyyyyyy do people expect that they'll buy their axe today and within few days, they'd possibly be playing like Jimmy Page.

listen kid...dont u think ur racing a bit, trust me...for u to play songs which could be played correct enough to be recognised by anyone it would take u few months atleast!! the chords ur playing could be correct but there is something like a tuned guitar! and thats the reason ur chords r sounding like ur worst nightmare..so just relax..hold it..be patient....start learning....clear ur concepts, learn all major+minor chords, brush up a bit of ur guitar theory, and believe u me..you'll be playing fine one day...for months u'd be playing with ur guitar untuned..so try to get some help wid this or carry on..with time you'll get the hang of everything..and i repeat u need to have lotsa patience while learning guitar (which m afraid u dont seem to have any).

Same is with strumming, it would take days, weeks , months or maybe a year to strum perfectly...i disagree that u can play by having a look at the patterns which might be mentioned here n there..strumming is kinda natural, again give it some time..do hit and trial! with good amount of practice you will get away with it..all the best!

6. rocker_vish

rocker_vish New Member

t.y. guyzzz....u all r very helpful....well im practicing..now....ALOT.......!!which has also learned me 2 b patient..!!! :)