help reqd: proper way to use amp in live shows ...

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by paranoid13rohan, Jun 10, 2007.

1. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I can personally vouch for the fact that line-out of the amp to mixer sounds pretty lame. The sound guy just refused to mic my amp despite my insistence(and yes he did have a Shure...but then this was an office gig:p). My stompbox sounds pretty good through my small MG15CD, but it sounded pretty weak that day. While using the processor, choose your patch , turn the cab modelling on and chuck the amp altogether. Go direct.

2. saurabhrocks

saurabhrocks New Member

i am just expressing , what the other guys said here,these r not my views, i was just summing up, what other members posted,

god of guitar and double click , now be satisfied, i know nothing of amplification, happy now!!!

and i suppose it was the admin.who made me a mod, if u have any prob plz approach him,

and i am not upset by ur way of posting, but don't do it with others,

if u know sumthing, dosen't means others r fools.
    change ur attitude, u need it!!

and correcting someone is a diffrent thing, don't taunt ppl

3. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

i agree with nebuchadnezzar. since its an amp modeller ure using why do u want to put an amp in the mix.

because multi-fx through amp micd or not micd will have little difference since its a digital signal going through and there are already tons of frequency supression and compression along with dynamics losses on the way.

analog stomp boxes need an amp and that amp needs to be micd for the best results since here every stomp gives its own colouration and dynamics

4. paranoid13rohan

paranoid13rohan .: iNDiaN iDioT 3.0 :.

@ nebuchadnezzar & raj ~ so u guys r telling me to give a line out to the mixer from my processor directly ... :think: (without an amp).

5. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

the point is if u dont know anything about the topic, then why are you posting wrong things.. its better you post on topics u have some info. abt....

6. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

You weren't expressing what we said, nor were you summing up, you didn't quite understand what we had said. But I hope you have understood it better now. :)

Don't bother yourself with the "who made you a mod" comment. It's just the bitter after-taste of recent incidents. It'll probably keep coming up time and again.

But you would agree "it's better to keep your mouth shut and let others think you are a fool than open your mouth and prove it"?

Why not, if the amp modelling is good enough. Although, on my Zoom 707II I find the need to use a low-pass and high-pass filter even after setting the drive and the cab model. I dunno if the G2.1u has improved on that.

7. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

I would say a Korg 1500 is perfect for that option on a low cost scale. So, if u wanna skip amps, a 1500 wuld work.

8. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

hmmm, just to clarify, the Dynamic mic suited for guitar amps is the Shure SM57, The SM58 is more of a vocals mic so please don't go buying it for your amps.