Help related Recording my songs & uploading

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sDEVs, Dec 25, 2005.

1. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

Can anyone help me???

I have recorded 10-15 songs in a Audio cassette, so that I can upload them at my website www.shriworld.4mg.com

But the problem arising are -

1. There's a mild 'zzzzzzz' in back ground which increases on increasing the volume

2. The files which when recorded in PC through Creative WaveSTUDIO, are too large! to upload on a website

Can anyone HELP me in knowing the right procedure for Recording &
    secondly, a good software that minimises space
    & a method to upload to the PC

Thank you

2. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

If you record from an audio casette .... the quality wont be good and that zzzz sound ill be there alwayz...... but yeah you can minimize that using a good wire that connects the casette player and the line in port in PC..... and check if the wire is well connected with the jack ... chck for overlapping of wires when its connected to the jack....... and try experimenting wid the recording volume control... dont put it at the max.... you'll get that hiss sound.....

Check if the file you've recorded are in wav format .... that may be the reason they are too big... just convert them to mp3 .....

3. GuitarTiger

GuitarTiger New Member

Go to www.download.com and look for an mp3 converter download it and change the files to mp3

4. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

Thanks, I''ll go search download.com, any suggestions on my website are most welcomed

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

d00d
    u need to follow the following steps:

1. digitize the music (which I think you have done already) - i.e. convert the audio from the analog (cassette) to digital (computer) - usually this format will be wave (*.wav)

2. once u have the wave file - u will realize the noise / hiss (the "zzzzzz" that you talk about) - so u need to get rid of it.
    Use a DAW (digitaal audio workstation) - u can remove hiss, noise, and other iriitating things like volume discrepancies (u can compress the sound etc)

3. Usually the DAWs allow u to save in mp3/ogg/... yada yada ... formats which will compress your files to more manageable proportions

Some of the best DAWs are (which I have used and they will cut the noise as well as allow u to save in mp3 format) are: Sony Soundforge, Adobe Audition.
    Unfortunately none of them are freewares.

There is one Audacity. However, I am not aware if it has the noize reduction utility. It is a freeware. Check it out.

www.google.com works for all the software I mentioned.

6. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

get audiograbber, it has a line in sampler.
    record the tracks, which saves them as .wav files.
    load a sound editing program like sound forge and get the noise eliminated.
    convert using mp3 or ogg converter like dbPowerAmp

7. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

The Noise Reduction in Sound Forge is quite good.. You should give it a try..

8. ustdjohnny

ustdjohnny New Member

What if I don't have a website

What if I don't have a website but have songs recorded? Where can I put them up for free so that other people can listen?

9. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

Soundclick.com^^^^

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Remember soundclick accepts only mp3 format.