help - processor

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Ali Akber, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Ali Akber

Ali Akber New Member

can any1 help me choose between these processors:

Line6 Floor Pod
    V-Amp2
    Zoom G2.1u

i mainly need a processor with good distrotion and wah!

2. DagMX

DagMX New Member

Go for the Pod. they have the best sounding distortion of the lot. Wahs on all of them are about equal.

3. allen sebastian

allen sebastian reverbnation.com/nissi

go for Line6 Floor Pod

4. Ali Akber

Ali Akber New Member

any1 else..or should i just go for the Line6?
    i like the zoom more but u guys probably know more abt it than me!

5. NoneSoVile

NoneSoVile New Member

Get a Pentium or an AMD.

I never got it with buying processors, I prefer buying pedals instead.

6. DagMX

DagMX New Member

Convenience, portability, easy use, experimentation. Processors offer quite a bit, and you can still use them with other pedals if you want. It's just another pedal.

Anyway back to the thread starter: If you care about the sound, the pod is the best way, but try all of them first to see which one you'll like. Zoom sound very crap IMO. Haven't tried the V-Amp but from all the MFXs I've tried, Line6 always have the richest sound.

7. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

NoneSoVile has got a point, DagMX. I thought similarily (processor supremacy!) till I got one and used it for some months...you cant do two or more things at the same time ie, I feel the need for controlling different things simultaneously (commonest - Post-Processor Volume and some effect, prolly whammy; and I really miss the way Herman Li uses the whammy and the wah pedal together).
    With pedals, there's economy and specialization too. For instance, a wah pedal will be just that - a no nonsense wah pedal, and you pay for exactly what you want. When you buy a processor, you also buy in overheads loads of stuff you DONT want :RollLol:

8. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

Floor Pod!!!!!

9. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

What about the RP 350.

10. Ali Akber

Ali Akber New Member

im in karachi..these r the only three good processors i could find here and ther rnt any digitechs..

11. wheelzkidd

wheelzkidd New Member

funny story with me..

i got an ibanez grg170dx.. but unfortunately my style of playing was clean blues.. so what i did.. i got myself a digitech rp200a.. and wowwweee.. i'm happy with it now... :)

12. vjlord

vjlord New Member

plz help !

Salam every 1....actually i jus wan to say tht its my first tym tht am going to buy a guitar wid my own money coz my parents are'nt allowing me to purchase a guitar...thts y i've only 2000 rs for a guitar..so any 1 can tell me tht from wer can i purchase it at lowest rates...plz mention the addresses...

13. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

^Buy a second hand accoustic.
    @wheelzkidd - Yep, that's something for me as well...I didnt know what my style was around 2 months back! So I just got barebone gear (a pickup in my old accoustic, an MG10CD) and an RP300A...whoo. Complete experimentation.

14. DagMX

DagMX New Member

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. There are processors that can control multple parameters at once, and if you really wna tto control two effects, get a processor with an effects loop and hook up an external wah or whatever.
    I don't get why people treat processors as a seperate entity. Use it as a pedal. It'll sit in your effects chain and its upto you if you want to use it. If you want, just use it for a particular effect.
    With modern processors like the Line6 pods and the Digitech Rp series, you can getvery good sound quality for cheaper than a comparable single stompbox, and most people will not be able tot el the difference.
    It doesn't matter if it has more than you want, noone forces you to use that stuff.

Hell, most larger processors let you use them in a stompbox mode as well.