Help Plz!!!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by heart_break_kid, Jan 31, 2007.

1. heart_break_kid

heart_break_kid New Member

Hi Guyz..
    I've jus bought an electric but i'll hafta wait for a couple of months to get a processor cuz i went way out of budget on guitar...
    Can someone suggest some software which can do the same job (Link to demo version would be highly appricatd...)
    I've tried a few s/w but 've found one or the other prob with all of them, a common prob is the irritating delay...

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies......

2. yazi

yazi Banned

Use a software called Gutarfx(google it up)

3. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

U can find Guitar Rig 2......on www.torr**tspy.com or download the demo .............the best (Ultimate) PC based software guitar processor !!!!!!!!

4. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

^^ Tru dat.

But for free you can get the demo (cannot save banks, and 30 minutes max at a time).
    Otherwise use Guitar FXBOX which has low latency w/o ASIO (but 2 minute timeout) :)

5. heart_break_kid

I've Tried guitarfx i found it has bit f delay which is bit annoyin specially when u dun want delay... n besides the effects arent really impressive...

6. heart_break_kid

I've managed to crack guitarfx.. will be posting it on my site as soon as i have a crack ready.. lemme know if u want it i'll post the link here...

7. thehundredthone

I was talking about free/shareware. The crack is available for those who look for it enough. <_<

8. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

Hey, does anyone know how to get loooooong 'fake' sustain from Guitar Rig 2?

I use it with Asio4all, getalatency of abt 8ms, not really noticable.

9. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Dude..........Guitar Rig 2 is the most awesome stuff I have ever come across.......It can do wonders......Some patches have the problem of latency......There are some which wont introduce latency........Guitar Rig 2 is better than any of the Zoom / Korg / Boss / Digitech processors you will come across......It sounds very natural and sounds 100% pro. Just tweak it.......I use a JCM2000 Model and used a Tubescreamer Model to drive it hard. Infact I could even get feedbacks at very low volumes. This thing is mind blowing......Work with it patiently.....

10. thehundredthone

@Nouman011: In the MIDI settings you can increase the latency if you want. But it won't give you sustain, it'll give you delay.

@ronnieanand: Which is the JCM2000 model? Lead800?

11. ronnieanand

I guess so..........I dont remember the exact names.......I dont have this software......My friend has it in his studio where I tried it out..........Yeah try that Lead 800 and try a plexi too........

12. thehundredthone

Alright, I'll try those out sometime. BTW, does your friend route the output to a PA system or standard hi-fi speakers?

13. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

JCM2000 model, do u mean the 'Lead800' + Screamer?

thats kinda noisy for me, tho the Noise reduction is pretty cool.

I use the Gratifier set to 'modern' with the 'Demon' Disto mod, to get smooth lead tones. Not the best, but i'm still learning. I was wondering, how I could get some smooth sustain without all the noise.

Using an Ibz RG320FM direct to linein, maybe i should invest in a DI box. I also own a TS9DX, so i could maybe throw that into the mix too

14. ronnieanand

He uses Hi Fi Speakers only but his Speakers are Studio Monitors specially meant for Studio Work......I did a small recording at his place and then tried it in my PC, it was still very good......

15. thehundredthone

You should ideally have some sort of preamp for your pickup output, maybe increase the gain on your line in. I may be wrong though, but I think without a preamp there isn't much of a signal to process.

16. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

I use the Tube screamer for clean boost sometimes, that makes it kinda noisy tho. Maybe i'll try it again after i get some more good cables.