Help please on guitaring

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by mirzaghalib, May 19, 2006.

1. mirzaghalib

mirzaghalib New Member

well...im pretty new at this and dont know anything but im quite enthusiastic abt learnin the guitar.firstl can sum1 tell me da difference b/w chords and tabs.also how do i start wid playin the instrument?

p.s.-dont tell me abt gettin a teacher coz i went t 2 and they werent helpful and infact i am more confused now.

2. AceRoom

AceRoom Future Grammy Winner

When you say chords, do you mean the tabs you find online that give you the lyrics and the chords on top?

Normally, when the word chord is used, it means a group of notes that go together in harmony (Sound good together).

A tab is merely an interpretation of a song by a person. A tab can give you the chords or the solos. Both are these are infact chords.

If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me.

3. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

first of all...wer do u live????coz if u live in delhi i can suggest a good teacher....one who wun confuse u.....and y da name mirzaghalib...u a fan of his or wat

4. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Well wether you like it or not you need a guitar teacher at least to get you basics right.

Choords are a cloection of notes- group of notes playe to gether in unision and sound in Harmony just like Ace ROOM put it.

5. AceRoom

AceRoom Future Grammy Winner

Couple of spelling mistakes. I don't care about those as long as you get my name right. The A and the R are caps and it's one word. "AceRoom"

Also, I don't think the word guitaring exists.

6. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Yeah I know my spellings always suck... they suck all the more when I type. :)