HELp PLEASE !Im confused

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sids4501, Jan 9, 2007.

1. sids4501

sids4501 New Member

hey,
    i need help regarding buying an electric guitar.m budgets around 11k .i generally play soft rock,alternative,and sometimes metallica and megadeth.it seems that the ibanez grg170dx and washburn N1 fit my bill best.i cant seem to choose between them(though i gotta say the ibanez looks more chic with its black colour and the better fretboard)
    PLS HELP ME

2. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

That Ibanez u r talkin bout has the worst pickup in Ibanez series!!! So, think twice b4 going for it...Washburn iz better i think,.....

But, if u really want to buy a good guitar (wid Floyd Rose) within 11-12K, go for samick guitars...

3. yazi

yazi Banned

Ok for an 11k budget the Floyd Roses aren't licensed and that makes them problematic. And the low range Ibanez and washburns suck. And if Soft rock, why not a Strat?

4. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

ya u cud go with a Samick Greg Bennett Avion-3

5. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

I second that, for soft rock and the like, this would be an ideal guitar. Dude, you don't only buy a guitar, you also buy an image. A squier or the avion would actually not only give you the sound, it would also get you the image (kirk hammet plays an ESP LP- lookalike too). Speaking of ESPs, why don't you look at the ESPs too? Also, if your budget is less, don't try to fit in floyd rose and stuff, because for that price you won't get the real deal. Stick to the basics and you will get a good guitar for your money.

6. nilu_nirvana

nilu_nirvana New Member

stay clear of the 170dx

7. nilu_nirvana

nilu_nirvana New Member

like ppl have said, try ditching the floyd rose and get a good fixed bridge axe instead...try bajaao.com for the ESPs

8. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

yep.....the EX50s are supposed to be killer guitars....amazing entry lvls....if u like the shape then just hit buy now....they have it...so if its not on the site give em a call

9. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Yepp..That's d one i woz talkin' bout ;):dance:

10. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

But that does not have a floyd rose, I thought you said 11-12K with a floyd..?

11. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

I forgot the model :p:

GB3 model has tremolo i think...
    Samick has another one (black single plate body) which has floyd rose bridge but not lisenced.......Up to u now....

But, if u go wid my suggestion, don't buy a floyd rose guitar......it's really tough to maintain.....The model Devil suggested iz better..

12. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

they arent hard to maintain........once u LEARN how to use it and use it for a while it could make ur guitar feel and play like heaven