help playing songs with more than one string

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by pakiwaki, Jul 31, 2004.

1. pakiwaki

pakiwaki New Member

hey
    im new here.. hi.. lol my name is tooba.. neways i started playign an acoustic and i borrow my friend/neighbor and he lets me but the problem is that my dad is against it so im teaching myself wihtout lessons.. so i dont know songs that are hard and if u guys know any good songs that are just in line e.. just post em cuz the only ones i know are like smoke on the water, twinkle lil star(haha) aand happy bday so please help me and some tips of how to do songs with more than one string and i need help wiht chords also .. thanxx
    laters
    toobs

2. rajscorps

rajscorps Kaput

Your first task would be to coax your dad. Then life may just smile upon you.

Raj

3. pakiwaki

pakiwaki New Member

lol ya i dont think he would go for it i might just have to drop playing the guitar

4. rajscorps

rajscorps Kaput

Your signature says it for you.

Playing guitar is not associatied with antisocial behaviour or narcissism. Your dad's agony may even be justified, but let's not concern ourselves with his school of thought.

Just visit cyberfret.com and follow the instructions there. It even has videos that can be d/l and learnt from. Have patience and take things lesson by lesson. Remember, there's no hurry in learning the guitar (unless you have limited life expectancy or something). Then play your dad his favourite song/tune to him and check his reaction. If he breaks your guitar on your head, you need more practice.

Raj

5. MARS

MARS Mars Ji...Finally!!!!!

Lol...

Nice suggestion Raj..

6. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Good advice raj...
    theres really no point learning songs if you dont even have your own guitar. however, if you want some simple songs which you can play without much practice, here are a few...
    1. Bryan Adams - Summer of 69
    2. Friends theme
    3. Godfather theme
    4. and melodies of most theme songs...

7. pakiwaki

pakiwaki New Member

lol thanx raj...

8. Sonali

Sonali ::>> Welcome <<::

hehe

So thats why my mom did that to me... :think:

9. rajscorps

rajscorps Kaput

Tooba, it's really no big deal if you don't have your own guitar. Don't give up playing the instrument because you don't possess one. Let your fondness for the instrument grow. There are many other things you can learn about the guitar even without holding one in your hands. Learn the string names, some music theory applicable to a novice, keep listening to guitar instrumentals or songs of your choice etc. This way you will not need to rekindle the affection when you have your own guitar (which will be very soon).

Every big guitarist has had to wait for his guitar to arrive. I am sure you can wait too. If you rather waited to learn until YOUR guitar arrived, you'd have lost precious time. Utilize what you have with you, and I am positive many good things will happen. Be upbeat about this and the rewards will be very high.

Raj

10. pakiwaki

pakiwaki New Member

thanx raj.. my hopes are very high now thanx to u..

11. jayanth

jayanth &lt;.: : Call Quits : :.&gt;

Would love to add t oEssi's list

1. Two Steps behind - Def Lepard
    2. Hotel california (Dont ask me to play this)
    3. Country roads - John Denver
    4. Wish You were here - Pink floyd

12. death angel

death angel the messenger from hell

another addition:
    Nirvana's "come as you are" most of it is played on TWO WHOLE STRINGS ;)
    I can't figure why you don't wanna learn to play songs on lead/bass. But if you're so mad for rhythm i'd say you should try Bulla Ki Jaana, Summer of 69, and Yaaron.
    Why i'm so against this whole rhythm business is that it requires a lot of practice and stuff which isn't easy for beginners(believe me i still have problems with the chord transition and the strumming drives me crazy)

Best of luck with your dad.

13. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

hey this thread was inactive for the past 1 year and now u r posting???

14. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

but don't play any backstreet boys or westlife ok ?