Help:-Plan to Buy a New Semi Acousic from Canada

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by .:VinAY:., Sep 20, 2005.

1. .:VinAY:.

.:VinAY:. New Member

Hey guys...thanx a lot for dropping by.I am an amateur guitarist from Bbay(as my stats on the rite tell u).Now iv been learning for abt a year but its been on & off due to various reasons so u can cut tht period to half a year.At the moment iv finished my basic Major and minor chord positions with 4/4 strumming & im quite thorough wih it.
    K tht was for the intro:p and now for the main story:-My uncles gonna be cmn down in abt 2 months from Canada and i think iL ask him to pick up a guitar for me.However,he hasnt ever touched a guitar so the whole idea of him buying a guitar seems a bit odd since he wont hav a clue.So i was jus wondering if u guys could help me out.I currently have a HOVNER F-Cut Semi Acoustic guitar which is abt 2 yrs old and doesnt sound as good as it probably could anymore.I hav a budget of abt 200-250 US$.I am lookin out for a F-CUT Semi Acoustic guitar,preferably black in color :) ,so if u guys could pls temme how to go abt it.I could probably ask him to buy it online too so if u guys kno abt ne place whr u can order online and which delivers in Canada(also nice guitar models).Iv tried looking abt online myself but iv noticed tht all the guitars look good and u really cant differentiate.Also u never know if ur getting a good deal and how good the features actually are.If not tht then u guys could also probably temme wad shud i ask him to look out for and wad he be carefull of...any kind of help will be apreciated.In case ur interested,heres wad i would want my guitar to look like
    https://www.samash.com/catalog/show...hrase=&Contains=&Search_Type=SEARCH&GroupCode =

Any kinda help wiL be appreciated.Thanx a lot ppl :) !

2. despremee

despremee New Member

Toronto has some nice n big guitar shops. If you are interested I can send you the address/ locations.

3. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

4. .:VinAY:.

Despremee:-
    thatL be of GREAT help "despremee".Pls do send me those addresses asap cos i have jus 3 more days with me...so pls :)

sayanakaharry:-
    Thx a lot man.Iv already visited tht site in the past but thx nwyz :)

5. despremee

despremee New Member

Vinay, I've replied your PM with few addresses. BTW, I've been to all those shops and the guys there are all chilled-out and very helpful.

6. .:VinAY:.

Hey thx a lot man :)
    Ne idea if theyL charge me any duty on it??I mean at the airports?

7. despremee

despremee New Member

Customs duty

No, not for the guitar. But they might harass you for the amp though. Again, it depends on the 'taxable' items you are bringing along.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

8. .:VinAY:.

Hmm even i was thinkin abt the same....and im sure hes gonna bring a lotta of other stuff too like watches and stuff for family members...i gueS iL havto ask him to cut down on the gifts for others ;)

9. .:VinAY:.

Ibanez V70CENT Acoustic/Electric

K im begining to short list a few of them and i wanted to kno wad u guys think of them.The first one is the Ibanez V70CENT Acoustic/Electric Guitar.It seems quite perfect cos it fits into my budget(200 U.S.D.) and is also from the Dreadnought series which i prefer for its distinct sound.Wad do u guys think of this one?Do u hav ne similar ones in mind?

https://www.samash.com/catalog/show...=&Contains=&Search_Type=Department&GroupCode=

10. .:VinAY:.

The second one is also an Ibanez-Ibanez PF5CE Acoustic Electric.I cant really differentiate between the two cos both of them look similar to me.
    These are the only models which i found to be under 200$ amongst brands like Fender,Ibanez and Yamaha(tht is with my configs)

https://www.zzounds.com/item--IBAPF5CENT

11. .:VinAY:.

Nwyz jus wanted to let u kno tht i got myself an Ibanez PF5CE.My uncle got it as a part of Cabin Baggage.He was flying Lufthansa.He din hav ne probs wad so ever at Toronto but the India Airlines guys at Frankfurt did make a fuss abt not letting it in as cabbin baggage but my uncle managed to push thru after a prolonged debate(luckily!!).The guy at the Bbay customs did question him a bit but he din have many probs he as a NRI so he told them tht everything on him is for personal use and tht he'L be taking it back along with him ;)