HELP - Picks in Bangalore

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by MelodicShredder, Nov 22, 2005.

1. MelodicShredder

MelodicShredder New Member

I'm new to B'lore. Can anyone tell me a music shop where I can get a descent pick such as Jim Dunlop,Cool, SIT, Fender,Dava Control Pick etc, I need Picks of Heavy type. ie; 0.88mm and above.

Thanx.

2. jekyll

jekyll Banned

Plectrum ???

3. MelodicShredder

MelodicShredder New Member

yep. Plectrum...

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

You call .88 as heavy :p: . I use 1.5mm Dunlop Gator. Anyway you can check them up in Rhythm Musicals. .88 as very easy to get. Only 1.5mm are tough to find :mad: .

5. jekyll

jekyll Banned

^ HOHA

once i made a plectrum from mouse buttons :grin:

2 mm thick ... it had such a punchy attack
    bt the flipside was that the plastic used for mouse button is very soft - so it kept on eroding :annoyed:

6. ronnieanand

I once made it from Credit and it was pretty good. The edges were not smooth because I had cut it with scissors. Was using it quite some time till I lost it.

7. jekyll

jekyll Banned

I had to make mine coz i misplaced my original plectrum ...

8. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

I got 2 or 3 1.5mms at Aruna easily. Just had to search inside the box.

9. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey i had (still have is somewhere) .. one made from the ponds powder case !

10. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Does anyone use stubbys?
    I used to think the pick attack would be way too loud, but then I started using them...you can play muchmore cleanly and lightly with them!
    I started with Dunlop 3mm stubbys but now play Dadi 2mms

11. ronnieanand

I tried 3mm and 2mm. Didn't feel comfortable holding them, so chucked it.

12. Sash

Sash New Member

Rhythm Musicals(Near MG Road), Reynold's are two good places to find the plectrums in bangalore.

13. Sash

Sash New Member

Once I did cut and use the Ice-Cube's case used in my roommate's refridgerator for a heavy pick:))
    I ended up buying a new one for him which cost me a lot more than I could have spent for a pick:-(

14. shak

shak Harrr!

if anyone needs any particular plectrum ..and cant find it ... and need it desperatley (so bad that it leaves u constipated)
    PM me with your address and what plectrum you need .. i;ll send it from here ... of course u wont pay anything ... so dont make it a habbit ... :)
    no seriously .. lemme know if you guys need any particular picks .. and guage ..i'll send em to you ...

15. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

i have one "rockstar" named plectrum..
    its kool.. and really cheap!!

only 2 rs.. ;)

16. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

I use Stubby Triangle...

17. dhim

dhim New Member

I guess there are types of plectrums for the kind of music one plays on the guitar. Can somebody put down the type of plectrums to use for the kind of music one plays.

Thanx,
    DHiM

18. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

Guys a new forum has started up for Bangalore Musicians. Its called THE UNDERGROND and few of us IGTians have decided to start posting there. Its for the more serious discussions on gear, bands, music...........the works.
    If you need detailed info about the Music Scene In Bangalore- The underground is the place to be.

You can join by registering here

https://s2.phpbbforfree.com/forums/bangalore.html

19. vipin_slash

vipin_slash New Member

Credit Card are good raw material..really..the edges are Awsome to play Clean stuff.
    like MEtallica Clean.(Nothing else matters kinda..)U can checkout "Lewis" in Koramangala It had lots of picks (the thicker ones) Opp to HDFC bank 7th Block.

20. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Thers a LEWIS in Koramangala?? Give exact loc please..