help on guitar buying

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by taxyse, May 19, 2005.

1. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

i know there are loads of such threads asking fer help on guitar buying....but i dint find neone who wanted to play my kinda music...so i needed a separate thread....so here's the details...help me ppl

Budget- Rs.8000 (i think 9000 will do too)
    REQ.- just a guitar (no amp,no process.)
    music type- everything in rock....for leading mainly....bands like metallica,iron maiden,megadeath....and death metal...( i mean to say...nething that can handle this stuff....can be played all 24 frets...etc.)

i have been playing 11 months...dont own a guitar...will use my comp as processor and amplifier...

2. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

theres almost no 24 fret guitrar u canbuy in 8k in india - the only thing u can even think of is the johnson imitation strat for 8k - i dont suggest it - i say u wait and save up....

no point wasting 8k now - u might as well double or maybe triple that and then get a decent guitar that will last you for at least 5-6 good years.. maybe even more....

3. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

hey......u can get a guitar for 8-9k but that really is nothing but ****t..i got a friend with a givson which he bought for 9k but its nothin but a pice of junk.u surely regret if u bought it.

4. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

u can get a Tulasi custom guitar if u have decided tht u HAVE to buy in tht budget only.

5. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

How about a Keiper Les Paul copy. Made in Germany. Its about £100 = Rs. 8,300. Let me know if you want it.

6. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

Save up!

Much better than rushing out and buying a piece of junk........i say this from experience!

7. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

then what do i do in the meantime?????....keep on borrowing guitars???/..
    that les paul thing ...is it goood..blackmamaba????

and how much does a strat cost???.....wont that be enough???..

and i thought a custom guitar is costlier ...aint that true rust ??

8. ambuj

ambuj Pro Tabber

I'm sure u must be having an acoustic.. play that in the meantime, I've been doing that for the past 4 yrs... couldn't convince my dad to buy an electric

9. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

naah....i dont even have an acoustic.....

10. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

a givson for 9k!!! ur frnd got riped off!
    wot can you expect from a givson anyway!

11. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

The Keiper LP is very good...wills end some pics today. I bought it 2 days ago just out of curiousity...never really gonna play it....no time (hence I am at these forums...lol) and no space...the lil one takes over almost every available space. So, basically, the Keiper is available. Have a read at www.harmony-central.com as well for a review. I always do that before buying anything!

12. deathdr_87

that keiper looks decent...

no - custom guitars are usaully cheaper - were not talking about a custom made guitar from the fender custom chop or soemthing- those cost more than most of our skins are worth...

these are lcoally made ones...

13. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

eh...so guys....what message do i get with all this discussion....can neone sum it up...ne suggestion...i am just chekin out the keiper

14. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

but neways...how can i get that thing......ur in london buddy

15. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Tulasi custom looks to be your only option now. You wont get a Floyd Rose though but you can get a decent 24 fret guitar.

16. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

and if i cut down the frets to 21?????

17. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Am in Mumbai June 11th-18th. Will bring the Keiper LP along.

18. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

In Tulasi, the standard guitar cost is Rs.8000. You add two fret or cut down 3 frets. It remains the same. You wanted 24 frets because you wanted to solo over there and now you are asking for a 21 fret guitar. What do you want from the guitar. Dont go for too many fancy things that you dont require especially when your budget is limited.

19. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

If U R Dead Sure U Wont B Able To Spend Any More Then Go For Custom....but Tht Is In Chennai And I Believe U R In Jaipur...

20. deathdr_87

ok i have a 24 fret and believe me - i rarely (thats not more than once in a month) - go beyond the 21st fret - u wont need it - the frets anyways get too small from there onwards to comfortaly play...

in 8k- this is wat i suggest - screw the floyd rse - impsosible (unless u get lucky - but its not worth it at that price range) - go for a decent lp copy or strat cpoy - ull probably look at the following guitars:

the keiper lp cpoy - i replied to ur pm regarding this...

tulasi copies - ronnieanand has given good reviews for this and i personally would trust his opinion

johnson imitation strat - its quite good at 8k - ive personally used it - its the only one from this list that ive persoanlly sued - its good for the price

other start copies - avoid

ibanez gio - avoid\

custom built by local luthier - make sure u ask ppl on IGT or find form others if the guy ur going to is REPUTABLE - i know ppl might say reputation isnt everything - but its probably the single easiest indicator to go by -i mean wouldnt u trudst some1 with lots of green dots in igt???