help needed urgent

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by petermasc, May 8, 2007.

1. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

You played guitar in 1987? I was born in 1987 : (

2. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

hehe, no that guitar I played was from the first batch of RG550s released in 87, but yeah I was playing guitar in 1987, I would have just learned my first deep purple and Grand Funk Railroad tracks, oh and some beatles...just don't call me pops

3. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

Thats cool pops, er.. . I mean, Dude.

4. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Tallkien - your 60...arnd...60ish right?

5. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

33 dude, now shut up alright? lol

6. yazi

yazi Banned

Hey pops I got hold of a couple of celestion greenbacks, but they are coming in July.

7. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

you lucky dog you, do tell more...

8. yazi

yazi Banned

But what about the cab, I need to get it built or build it here.

9. yazi

yazi Banned

And actually, one is a vintage and other is a greenback. Just as recommended by celestion.

10. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

i meant how did you come upon them, where are you buying them and stuff, how much is it costing you , Details man....!!!

build the cab here

11. yazi

yazi Banned

A friend is coming down, he is bringing it. as for the models:
    1. Celestion G12M greenback Classic (25 Watts, 12 in.)- 8 ohms - $112
    2. Celestion Vintage 30 Classic Series (60 Watts, 12 in.)- 8 ohms - $115

Bought from a local store in Seattle.

12. yazi

yazi Banned

I just hope that the amp you will build will match the 8 ohm output. Cuz there is another 16 ohm variant there, I can get 'em exchanged.

13. yazi

yazi Banned

So, pops, My 2X12 cab is ready, just need the amp now!

14. yazi

yazi Banned

Ya if you get em through music123.com, the G12M costs you $125(standard shipping) and $153(express shipping). Plus tax.

15. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Congratz on the speakers! I want a cab too :( i guess cabs are for adults?

16. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

hmm...thats not too bad really. if u can get 2 through standard shipping...thats 250 bucks plus tax(btw how much tax would that be?)

and how much would building a cab cost?

17. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

All my amps will have 4,8 and 16 Ohm Outputs. Two 8s in || will go into the 4 ohm selector. Which is ok. That's how I use mine, Two 16s go into 8 ohms connected in ||. which is also ok. Stick with 8 ohms. Then at least you have the option of series or ||. Not sure what the difference is in sound. I felt my amp sounded Louder in 4 Ohms || compared to 16 in series but I can't be sure

Building a cab is cheap. Any carpenter will do it. Cover in Vinyl like we were discussing. Its quite possible your amp will be the same. I hear Birch is a good wood for cabs. Make it adjustable for closed/open, or half open back. Use your imagination. This calls for some intellegent design.

18. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

intelligent design : haha , yazi is definately not the guy your looking for lol.

19. yazi

yazi Banned

Ya, I am more of an pwner than innovator of topics. :p:

20. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

show me the designs when ur done please. i love seeing things being build. I can give u pics to help if you want. Framus 2x12 cabs look awesome