help needed urgent

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by petermasc, May 8, 2007.

1. petermasc

petermasc New Member

ok guys i need ur help....i just got my tone zone pup yesterday....need to install it in the rg1570....i will be doing the job myself as i have no more cash to blow on a tech...ok 1st question ....what do i do with the edge pro bridge,if i want to salvage the strings?do i remove the back springs or what?..thanks in advance...

2. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

You cant salvage the strings. Well you can but its better to replacethem once you have removed them. Umm take a Eraser. Wrap it in that black electric tape. take ur whammy bar and do a divebomb. Put the eraser under the floyd rose so that when you let go of the divebomb the floyd rose lands on the eraser. Then remove the strings and keep them hanging from the headstock. open the pickguard do what you want to and then string it back.

3. yazi

yazi Banned

U got an RG1570? Pics?

4. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Don't remove the bridge. Laney's suggestion is a good one, although you'll need more slack so expect to loosen the strings on the head stock also and loosely lock the nut so the strings don't jump off . In general its a good idea to leave at least a couple of strings on there so you can check your wiring before you restring, if you need to. In your case just give them as much slack as you can, These pups can be quite deep and you don't want to scratch the finish by trying to force it in.

Also twist connect wires and test before you actually solder anything. Follow the color codes strictly and good luck

5. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

^ what they said. No need to remove the trem. I use any hard object wrapped ina piece of cloth to block the trem.

The 1570 doesn't have a pickguard right? If so, I'd advise you to turn the guitar over first, and disconnect your present pickups first, from the control cavity. The pickup wires will be the thick black ones with coloured wires coming out from them. The wiring in my 320Fm is a bit iffy.. not much slack left on them. So be careful with them.

Unlock the nut, loosen the strings from the tuners. Loosen the string holder screws. Remove the strings from the bridge, leave them hanging from the headstock.

6. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

hard object such as a battery will do. But i dont think cloth will be wise. That electric tape helps loads

7. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

Whats wrong with cloth? Thats what i always use, a battery, or a small piece of wood, wrapped in a handkerchief, and stuffed under the bridge. i've even used a small candle wrapped in cloth.

8. petermasc

petermasc New Member

i dont own a digital cam...so no pics rite now but i will borrow one from a friend...will post pics when its done...thanks for the tips...

9. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

The eraser and the elctric tape or the battery and electric tape absorbs more pressure or whatever. the metal with cloth will give more resistance

10. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

Resistance to what? They're practically the same. you just need to wrap it around a few times. Even a wad of tissue paper around something hard will work.

11. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

it will offer more resistance to the floyd rose....might scratch it if it cuts thru the cloth

12. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

If done right, I can't imagine how. I also dont see anything that can get scratched, in that particular part of the trem.

13. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

ok fine! use cloth and a piece of wood..sheesh lolz

14. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

^^urs and nouman's discussion is very...

LAME

15. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Lane

Ey

16. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

i shall now ask u to refer to my previous post

17. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

Lol. I must say the tape and eraser idea is pretty cool. Only problem is, that electrical tape isn't as handy as a piece of cloth. But I can see as how it would be nicer. Good Luck with the Pickup change @ op.

18. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

@ raj,

be a li'l sensitive will ya? Don't call it 'lame,' call it 'challenged.'

19. petermasc

petermasc New Member

i have installed the pups.. they sound good could not try them out at a decent volume because it was late ie (11:00 pm)..i held the bridge up wid the help of a battery wrapped with insulation tape....remove the strings,let them hang from the headstock...installed the pups and managed to use the old strings...now the rest of the setup has to be carried out...thanks a lot guys..

20. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

i won , i won , i won , i won....he used tape...take that nuoman!

kidding....cool peter . we need the pickchurs