help needed to shift from accoustic to electric guitar

Discussion in 'English Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by bonjovi44, Jan 9, 2007.

1. bonjovi44

bonjovi44 New Member

hi friends
    I had played accoustic guitar 1.5 year and now i have recently started playing my new electric guitar..bu m confused dat most of da electric guitarist doesn't put their 3rd or 4th fingure on body for support while playin tabs, while i used to rest my 3rd n 4th fingure most of d time while i was playin my accoustics n i was also using both up n down strumin with pick while most elec. guitarist only strum downwards..
    now can anyone tell me dat why dis most guitarist paly elec. dis way and weather i should change my way ov playin guitar.

2. drunkpunk

drunkpunk New Member

thats strange, i have never seen any of the guitarists not using their fingers, actually electric guitar players use all of their fingers, they would've used their feet fingers too if they could, electric people are mad man :D and about the down strum, i remember when i was a newbie, i used to down strum only, later man, i'd also like to know whats the scene

3. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

@bonjovi44: If that's what you find comfortable, go ahead! Different people have different playing styles; you don't necessarily have to follow the norm.

4. drunkpunk

drunkpunk New Member

what do u actually play like death metal fan
    and whats the difference between metal and rock

5. cronix

cronix New Member

^^the same difference thats between an actual rock and a metal..... metal is harder (not in playing, in terms of sound)